Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

c-section moms, normal to hurt when exercising?

I had my 1st LO 9 months ago via c-section and everything has been perfect, but I was doing some crunches trying to loose my lower tummy I have left, and it feels like my c-section is going to rip apart. I am assuming this is normal and it is going to take awhile for things to go completely back to normal in that area, but how long is it going take? and how did you loose your lower stomach pooch, I have lost all of my pregnancy weight, and then a few extra pounds, but my lower belly is still there! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: c-section moms, normal to hurt when exercising?

• Options
    It is completely normal for the area around your incision to hurt.  When you had the c-section, the doctors literally tore your abdominal muscles apart.  Now you have lots of scar tissue from the healing, and that can be quite painful to break apart.  Also, if you haven't done any sort of abdominal exercises since having your LO, it's going to hurt from inactivity.  Try applying pressure to your scar area while performing crunches, it may help to reduce some of your pain.  And don't overdo it too quickly, take your time getting back into it.
  • Options

imagedenaeb:
    It is completely normal for the area around your incision to hurt.  When you had the c-section, the doctors literally tore your abdominal muscles apart. 

That's actually not true, must c-sections only move the abdominal muscles to the side-- there's no cutting or tearing of the actual muscle. It is true that you could have a lot of built up scar tissue, though. Depending on the severity of the pain, it might be worth a mention to your doctor at your next visit. It is possible that the scar tissue attached somewhere it shouldn't have, which can definitely cause discomfort.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a c-section almost a year ago and it shouldn't hurt while exercising.  I do though on occasion, get weird pains in that area or it will just itch really bad.  I have asked others who have had some kind of major surgery if they get this where their insicions are and they said they have.  As for pain while doing crunches after 9 months, that doesn't sound normal to me.  I would definitely check with  your doctor on that one.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I have an appointment this week and I will be asking then. I'll let you know if they have anything helpful to say!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"