Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Sick mama- needs advice.

So I believe I have a sinus infection, upper resp. thing happening. Woke up this morning feeling like something the cat dragged in. I am a SAHM and it's usually just DS and I all day. Well, DH stayed home and worked from here today (thank goodness he can do that from time to time). Anyway, I have stayed clear of LO today not knowing if what I have is contagious or not and DH can stay at home tomorrow. Am I being too overly cautious? I just really don't want LO to get sick. I know how bad I feel, can't imagine if LO would get this too. Any thoughts out there?

Also, if you have any home remedies that may help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. If there is no improvements by this time tomorrow, I'll call my Dr. for an antibiotic (they are only a block away from me, should be easy enough to get an appointment). Right now, I am drinking green tea and airborne like there's no tomorrow. Saline flushing my sinuses, hot steamy showers throughout the day and just staying completely in another section of the house away from son and DH. 

any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sick mama- needs advice.

• Options
    Love the updated photos.  What a super cutie!  Sounds like you are being pretty cautious. I would probably stay away from baby as well for another day, just to be on the safe side.   If you are still  nursing or pumping remember that you pass on your antibodies to whatever you are fighting, so that is a good thing and will help protect your son.  I've been sick before and I have just made sure I don't kiss, breathe too close, etc to the baby and wash my hands and DDs hands compulsively throughout the day.  Sinus infections can kind of drag on forever.  Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options

Netti Pot's are great (although very disgusting really!) They really work and they are totally safe for breastfeeding if you are doing that. I also used some Vicks sinus spray once when I had a really bad sinus infection when DS was about 4 months old.

My Dr will give antibiotics for sinus infections if you've had the stuffy/runny nose for 5+ days. Any less than that they usually tell you to come back (so when your dr asks how long. . .wink wink).  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sudafed PE.  It was a godsend for my husband and I!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"