March 2012 Moms

Need help with feeding sched

Ok, so DS is finally getting over a nasty cold he had all last week. He cut back on formula a lot during his cold, which I presume was because of his sore throat and stuffed up nose. However, I'm having a heck of a time still getting him to drink his bottle. Pre-cold he was having 5 bottles a day and 6-8oz at a time. Now it's a struggle to get 4oz in him at a sitting...I feel like I'm practically force feeding him.

What does your bottle schedule look like at this point? I feel like maybe this is his way of letting me know he's ready to drop a bottle, since I know around 11-12 months they cut back a little on formula.

He eats 3 meals and has a morning snack, sometimes an afternoon snack as well. He is up for the day between 5-6am(shoot me) and bedtime is between 7-7:30pm if that helps. He takes a morning and afternoon nap. I think I just need some guidance on how to make bottles less of a struggle and would appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
DS born 3.12 
DD born 7.14

Re: Need help with feeding sched

• DD nurses 4 times a day. When my mom had her for the weekend, she had mainly just formula (long story). She had 4 bottles, each 5-6 oz. She has 3 full meals, no snacks. Next month we are starting to replace the mid-morning and late afternoon nursings with snacks.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Our lil man is the opposite, he is drinking and eating more not less... he is like a bottomless pit and sleeping less than usual.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekbruington:

My LO has been on 4 bottles - 6oz each - for almost a month now. Even with those 4 bottles, he doesn't always finish them and usually leaves about an ounce in the bottom. My LO also eats 3 hefty meals a day with snacks in between, goes to bed the same time yours does and takes 2 naps a day.

Maybe your LO is ready to drop a bottle. 5 bottles with 6-8oz each seems like a ton at this point but that's just because I picture my LO trying to drink that much and he flat out would refuse it!

Are you doing bottles with snack or meals or separately? I'm having a hard time figuring out which bottle to drop and how many hours between bottles. I feel like such a rookie mom right now lol 

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • imageBreanneL24:
    We just dropped a bottle 2 days ago. It was 4 bottles for the day. At night and in the mornings he would eat 8 oz. and the two bottles in between he would eat 6 oz. It started to become a serious pain to get him to even finish half of all of them except the morning ones! A week or so ago he wouldn't finish the morning one and only eat a couple oz. at night. So I dropped some more. Now we are doing 6oz. in the morning and afternoon and an 8 oz. at night but sometimes he doesn't drink all of that. We just started whole milk and he eats a lot at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm hoping we are done with bottles at about a year, but I've only been going by his cues.

DDs are March 15 as well! To OP, DD2 has three bottles a day 6 oz each. She used to get a fourth, at 10-10:30 at night, but she recently got cranky when we would wake her, and so we let her sleep through, thinking she was dropping that fourth bottle. Only problem is she got constipated. So, I think she still needs that fourth bottle, or a total of 24 oz of formula/milk/water/whatever to stay regular, but may not want to wake up to get it. I am all for that. I think 5 bottles of formula is probably too much at ten months, especially if your LO is giving you are hard time about taking it. I would give LO three solid meals, and a couple of snacks, and have a sippy cup with water around in between bottles. Try four bottles, and see how that works.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"