LGBT Parenting
Options

Wednesday Community Check-in

Alright ladies, whats going on in your lives?

QOTW:  If you could drop everything right now, money isn't an issue, and go away for one week, where would you go, what would you do and who would you take?

M & M
06/12 - BFP!!!!
Beta #1 15dpo - 256
Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
EDD 02/21/13
09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Wednesday Community Check-in

• Options

On the final countdown so just focusing on us right now.  We had a long talk last night and have decided the next 8 days are for us.  No one else, no distractions just us (well besides work).  We also decided to both take the day before off so we could just relax, nap, cuddle, watch movies etc as we probably won't sleep much that night before. 

QOTW:  I would probably immediately go pick up M, and drive us to some remote cabin.  Not so remote we couldn't get out and do things but remote enough to not have any neighbors or distractions.   I would have a trunk full of groceries so we wouldn't need to leave unless we wanted to.  I would also make sure we had plenty of fire wood, books, and our dogs.  This to me sounds so relaxing right now.  

Maybe it's the birth of our son's so close but I feel all of a sudden that even though we have been together just us for about 9 years, that we suddenly need more us time before they get here.  I'm crazy I know but I think it is finally setting in that our life is about to completely change (in a good way) but it's scaring the sh*t out of me. 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I would take Jen and go to one of those overwater bungalow places, where a chef would deliver our sushi and tropical fruit and pitchers full of icy coconut rum drinks on a regular basis. There would be a lot of napping in the warm breeze and occasionally dipping into the water for a little swim-about, and looking at the stars, and reading magazines and Hemingway. Also I have new, tropical-appropriate wardrobe of adorable sandals and little sarongs and floppy hats.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hello Hello. 

Am actually updating during my lunch hour!  

Life is okay.  The 2ww feels really long, but I like the hopefullness of it all way better than finding out if we are going to get a BFN.  (Obvs. getting a BFP is our first choice here!).

OH - and our doggie daycare let us know today that Frannie needs a coat because they're out so long and it's so bloody cold here these days.....

I am still coming to terms with the fact that we are going to be one of those families with a dog who has a parka.  Indifferent

(Doggie Daycare for us is more like: they take our dog with a pack of other large dogs out into the woods and run them for 2-3 hours twice a week - more than a walker, less than a full daycare)

-- Oh - and I'm pretty pleased with work today, I have been invited to sit on a few LGBTQ... related strategic planning things, so I feel good about being able to do something about advocacy in my orgnaization.

QOTW:

H. and I would get on a plane to Hawaii!   I would spend my leisure hours just bobbing in the warm ocean water, and when we weren't doing that we would be eating tons of fresh pineapple, hanging out with the sea turtle saving people, and hiking up waterfalls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    I'm super busy at work, and I get to teach my first workshop this week! Yay! Tww is moving along. I want to know but then I'm afraid to know. If this isn't it we have to have some big financial talks. Ive just taken a second job in preparation for upcoming expenses.

QOTD: I would spend a week with my love at a resort in costa rica where you do a yoga retreat and aruvedic cleanse. My friend is the yoga instructor who goes every year and has invited me every year, but money and timing are always the challenge. She is also doing one in October in Tuscany plus hiking in cinque terre. If I'm not KU by then we may go.

Thanks for the daydream!
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options

if I had a babysitter, I'd take the wife here and do what Leap said

if I didn't have a babysitter, I'd be here with the kids

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The first week of the 2WW went really fast for me and then,as of payback for saying that in my TTT last night, I dreamt about the clinic and testing last night and can't stop thinking about it today. Reading the pregnancy check in has made me think more/ again about the experience of being pregnant and how that is something I want when the timing is right for our family. So I'm hoping M is getting pregnant during this two week wait and that in the future my uterus will cooperate and allow that to be something that happens for me.

QOTD: somewhere warm and queer friendly that is sustainably run and locally owned and where the employees are well paid with good working conditions. In my dream situation, this place would also have mountains and beautiful water and lots of hammocks. And there would be plenty of leg, hip, and shoulder room on the plane ride there.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I just had my 9 week exam today with the RE to check for movement, and we saw the little arms and legs move. It was pretty amazing. I graduated from the RE to a regular OB GYN, and I had such a great experience with my RE (especially as compared to the horrible, paternalistic schmuck I suffered through two rounds of IVF with the first time) that I cried while saying goodbye. They were so nice at the office and even gave us a little gift when we left. I am not looking forward to getting measured and weighed next week, and I hate to be superficial, but I am so fat right now because the only thing that helps my nausea seems to be eating ALL THE TIME. Bread, pasta, and vegan junk food. 

I too would go to Hawaii. There is a magical hammock in Kona with my name on it. If money were no object, I would stay at the Four Seasons and lie on the beach with my lady all day long reading and chatting and swimming and floating. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're on a road trip visiting family to share our news.

QOTD: Normally, I'd answer with one of my top To Visit destinations: Australia/NZ and/or Italy, but a week seems short for either of those and even though I'm in the first tri, I loathe the idea of a long flight. I guess I'd say C and I, to Rome, non-stop, first class, staying at a luxury hotel. I'm not sure what I'd eat, but it would be fun to do that as a last pre-kids trip.
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"