March 2012 Moms
Options

Ear infectionhow long

Kingsley has been sick 2.5 wks. Starred with throwing up for two days, then very runny nose, cough and ear infection the whole house got this minus ear. Her nose is still pouring, coughing and oukiing in ears and it's her 5 th day on antibotics amoxicillin

How long after starting meds does it take for ears to resolve? Dr said to call again at the end of the week but I'd think after 5 days it would be better? I'm not as worried about the drippy nose though it's totally annoying
Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!

Re: Ear infectionhow long

• Options
    Amoxicillin didnt work for Claire. We ended up going back to the dr twice before they would give her a stronger antibiotic (Cefdinir) to clear them up. It took about 5-7 days with that antibiotic before she stopped pulling at her hair or ears. I have also noticed any time she cuts a tooth she has a runny nose and a cough due to drainage. Keep an eye on it and if its not better in 2 or 3 days I would take her back to the doctor.
    photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • Options

Sorry LO is sick, but a random question...are you BF? If you spray BM in LO's nose, it will decrease the runniness of the nose. (I express into a cup and then use a baby q-tip to get it in the nose. I use a baby q-tip to make extra sure I don't insert it too far.) I would also try putting a drop or two in each ear. 

However, I am a total hippie like that. 

No advice on how long it should take the ears to get better...neither LO has had an ear infection yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"