Tennessee Babies
Options

Vanderbilt Midwives Group

Anyone have experiences with the Vandy MWs?? Considering a switch from my current OB. 

Re: Vanderbilt Midwives Group

• Options
    Nope, sorry. I'm using Talitha Mills, she is a midwife in Gallatin. I loved my last home water birth too much to give it up this time around! I know hospital births are necessary sometimes and I truly appreciate the amazing technology available at places like Vanderbilt, but as long as I have healthy, uncomplicated pregnancies, I will take the intimacy of familiar surroundings over a hospital any day! There are some truly incredible midwives (CPMs) in the Nashville area if you are interested. 
  • Options
    I used them, and had an absolutely wonderful experience. Check out their FB page... https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/367051987303/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep! I had my first prenatal appointment last Friday. I'm at 13 weeks, first baby. We moved to Nashville about 9 months ago and a friend recommended the Vanderbilt midwives. So far I have had a wonderful experience.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yes we are! I had my first appointment last week at 11 weeks. We got to hear the heartbeat! We go again in 5 weeks for an ultrasound. I like how they space everything out and you don't get everything all at once. I like the feel there. No one was rushing around trying to get us out quickly. They took their time. I like that it's a midwife group so you meet all the possible midwives so when you deliver it won't be a surprise whose delivering you. So far it's been a great experience for us!
  • Options
    I went to the vanderbilt midwives at the west end women's health center. I know there are some midwives that practice at 100 oaks also, but they do things a little differently than the west end group. I had a great experience and would highly recommend them. I think the biggest difference with them vs. an OB is that they spend a lot of time with you during delivery. They provide a lot of support and coaching and I felt like they really listened to what I wanted for my delivery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I used the MW at 100 oaks and loved them! I will also say that I am so incredibly thankful I chose Vanderbilt. Ultimately, an OB ended up delivering my DD because I had life threatening complications and I don't think anyone would have been able to handle it so quickly and wonderfully as Vanderbilt did. Getting to have the MW experience I wanted and then quickly being able to get excellent emergency care was invaluable.

My girls: August 14, 2011 and December 5, 2013

• Options
    BLPL101BLPL101 member
    I cannot recommend them enough. Linda delivered my daughter at 35 weeks. My water broke and I was in labor for over 40 hours. I know I would have had an unnecessary csection if I would have stuck with my old OB I switched at 30 weeks. I had a med free birth and Linda was AMAZING encouraging me. Highly recommend them.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kmj3bkmj3b member
    I'm in Chattanooga and there are no midwives here (well, there's one but her reviews are terrible). I would love to see a midwife, even though I love my ob, but I'm afraid that if I go into labor early or something, I'd have to drive up to Nashville and it's a two and a half hour drive. How would they handle something like that if I did decide to switch?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image image image
  • Options
    I used Carolyn Drake, CPM, and really loved her. I gave birth with my son at the Belvoir House a couple years ago. She is an angel. 
  • Options
    Hey, BriDaily, I know I'm almost a year late, but I would like to know about your experience with Carolyn Drake if you don't mind sharing.  I just recently moved up to Chattanooga and decided that a midwife was more my style than an OB.
  • Options
    Currently using them! 17 weeks and going for our 4th appointment on Monday. They are great! You also give birth in Vanderbilt hospital, so in case something does go wrong, you're in a great place. Love them so far, really personal, helpful, and knowledgeable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"