C-sections
Options

incision infection

I got an incision infection oozing with blood and pus and been on antibiotic 6 days.has anyone had thisbeen slow healing?and how long will it take to heal and not leak blood or pus?there isn't much pain.take motrin800 every 6to8hrs.I am afraid infection won't go away.I use kleenex on it to keep dry.

Re: incision infection

• Options

My incision took over 8 weeks to fully heal. Are you taking antibiotics?  Also, kleenex are not sterile, and should not be used to cover your incision. Buy some tape and gauze pads (I used Telfa) to keep it covered and dry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just want to urge you to advocate for yourself with your doctor. Make sure that you stay on antibiotics for 10- 14 days! Definitely what the PP said about gauze. And be extremely careful with moving/lifting!

I feel like maybe if I had done the above things, perhaps things wouldn't have been so hard on me. My incision opened up. I got a raging staph/strep infection, which became systemic, and caused mastitis, drying up my milk at 6 weeks. For 14 weeks postpartum, I had an open hole in my body that my husband had to pack/unpack twice daily. It was incredibly painful. I had to scramble to find a few different family members (who would take a few hours off of work) to watch my newborn LO every week, as I shuffled back and forth from the hospital's wound care center. Finally, after 14 weeks, I needed a 2nd surgery to remove a seroma that was forming underneath everything, and finally got stitched up. That then took 8 more weeks to heal. I wasn't technically allowed to lift/carry my son until he was 5 months old, or take a bath, or go grocery shopping by myself, etc.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE push your doctor to everything he(she) can on your behalf, and DO NOT short yourself. If he(she) says rest/don't lift/eat ten gallons of yogurt a day/whatever, find a way to do it!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with the PP that mentioned antibiotics for 10 to 14 days. I had an infection too and I took about 10 weeks for it to stop oozing. Keep it very clean, very dry and get back to the doctor and have it reassessed. You do not want it to get any worse!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"