March 2012 Moms

Strained banana?

So DS was vomiting all night and the nurse said once he stops and I restart solids I should give him rice cereal and strained banana. How does one strain a banana? Am I supposed to cook it? I'm feeling pretty dumb about this!

Re: Strained banana?

• Poor little guy :( 

Google makes me believe it means pureed. I would either puree a banana or buy a jar of banana baby food, whichever is easier for you.  

imageimage

• Perhaps mash it through a strainer?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no, I hope he feels better! Probably just pured.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks, he is starting to feel better. I can mash it through a like a mesh strainer thingy or just puree it. I don't know why but "strained" just threw me off. Pureed or mashed I can do! Thanks ladies.
  • hold the banana at each end ...bend it opposite the curve till it's straight, then bend some more till it curves in the opposite direction from where you started. Flex vigouriously for 5 minutes. 

That's how you strain a banana

..well it works on my back Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Strained is what the "old folks" call baby food. My MIL is forever talking about strained peas. We would just say pureed. Bananas I just mash not puree or else they get black and gross looking.

Hope LO feels better soon.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Yeah, I would just mash it. 

Sorry your little guy was feeling sick :( DD had the flu a month-ish ago... we did the BRAT diet (banana, rice, apple, toast) for her, and she seemed to like that.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageWipz:
    hold the banana at each end ...bend it opposite the curve till it's straight, then bend some more till it curves in the opposite direction from where you started. Flex vigouriously for 5 minutes. 

That's how you strain a banana

..well it works on my back Wink

LOL thanks. ;)

• imagecountrygrl5533:

Strained is what the "old folks" call baby food. My MIL is forever talking about strained peas. We would just say pureed. Bananas I just mash not puree or else they get black and gross looking.

Hope LO feels better soon.

Thanks for this, it makes me feel less dumb! Maybe in the olden days they had to mash everything through a strainer to make baby food? Nowadays we are so spoiled with our blenders and food processors.

• And thanks everyone, he is feeling better. He went to daycare today while I have stayed home and am trying not to barf. :( That 3-hr nap this morning seems to have helped a bit though, hopefully my bug will be short-lived!
  • Hope you are feeling better :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageWipz:
    Hope you are feeling better :

I am, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"