Orange County Babies
Options

which hospital do you prefer?

hello, i would like to know which hospital do you prefer to give birth in? hoag, fountain valley regional or orange coast? if you had a child in any of these hospitals i would like to know your experience there. thanks
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: which hospital do you prefer?

• Options
    I had both my kids at Hoag and loved my experience there. I have visited the other hospital's maternity wards and was not impressed. I highly recommend Hoag.
  • Options

Hoag! we had a GREAT experience there...

Everything was clean and all the nurses were lovely... Also they dont put restrictions on visitors hours and they are laid back... makes it feel really homey

(Kate & Dave)) 4.26.08
    (N.J.O) 9.14.12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Had mine at Hoag, they were AWESOME! Definitely recommend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love love Hoag.  I delivered my two boys there and will deliver this baby there. 

But I have also heard great things about Saddleback

Baby # 3 Coming September 1, 2013 Two Boys J. 1/18/07 & N. 3/9/09
  • Options

We're delivering at Saddleback.  I did a lot of research before deciding, and it was really the c-section rate and the nurses that swayed me towards Saddleback.  Hoag has a very high c-section rate, which is something I'd like to avoid.  They are also seemed to push elective c-sections, which I really want to avoid.  When I asked my friends who delivered at Hoag what they thought, they all had the same response, "the ocean view is amazing" and "they give you a celebration dinner after you give birth!" 

On the other hand, when I asked my friends who delivered at Saddleback what their experience was like, they raved about the friendliness of the nurses and the options available to delivering moms, like jacuzzi tubs, birthing balls, etc.  They offer classes like "VBAC" and "New Daddy Bootcamp," as compared with Hoag's "Is an elective c-section for you" class.

I also have a few friends who are nurses, and they all recommended Saddleback over Hoag.

It's a personal choice, but I'm very glad I went with Saddleback. But, I've also never heard anything bad about Hoag from anyone who delivered there.  I suppose between the two, you really just can't go wrong.

• Options
    I picked Hoag for my delivery and heard from people it's the best experience anywhere.
  • Options
    Heard GREAT things about Hoag. I myself delivered at St Jude Medical Center in Fullerton and it was wonderful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"