Health & Exercise
Options

what do you think?

Okay so this summer we took a 3 month break from ttc so I began to run and got up to 2 miles each morning... Well started work and ttc so I quit... Well this month is the last month and then we are giving up after 4 years... so question #1: how/where do people run when it's freezing outside??? and question #2: if we are not longer ttc with medicine and I have pcos so our chances are pretty small to conceive on our own would it be safe to resume carbs, caffeine, and/or alcohol? Obviously I won't go crazy but I haven't had any of that for a long time and I miss it!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2 since 2009 Have PCOS two close calls with letrozole and hcg trigger. Hoping 3rd time does the trick... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what do you think?

• Options

So, I run outside when DH is home unless the actual temp is below zero.  I bundle up and go.  I usually use 2 light layers on top, pants, gloves and a hat.  If DH is working, I run in our basement on the treadmill.

I never gave up alcohol while TTC.  Drink 'til it's pink is the motto.  I did better having 1 coke or coffee a day while PG than I did with the one PG I gave it up (and DD couldn't tolerate caffiene the entire 10.5 monoths I BF her).  No idea about cutting out carbs to TTC though...  never heard that one.

• Options

I run outside until it's any colder than -20F outside... after that, I hit the treadmilll! It's not super exciting, but running is running, I guess :) Today is a -25F degree day and I'm going to run 6 miles on the treadmill - I listen to my iPod at least, to prevent getting too bored. Our gym has mirrors right in front of the treadmills and it makes me feel really awkward :s

I'm not a doctor, but moderate carbs and caffeine should be fine when ttc. As for alcohol, I have no idea. When my DH and I found out we were pregnant, I was drinking some rather potent coffee/espresso but no harm done to baby so far :) Now I've cut back, but still drink coffee. I don't drink alcohol, so I don't know what the recommendations are. As for carbs... I tried to go light on the carbs before pregnancy, now I crave them :s 

Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest! imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"