January 2012 Moms

Bored... someting you have or haven't done with/for baby

What is the one thing (or multiple) you feel like everyone did/got/bought but you or the opposite?

I for example never got DD the Sophie and feel like I'm the only one. When I talk to friends they look at me like I'm weird for not doing it LOL

I still bathe DD 1-2/week only, not more than that.

That's all I can think of for now

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bored... someting you have or haven't done with/for baby

• Hmmmm maybe were the same bigbear, again! Lol becuz I didn't get Sophie and I only bathe her 12 times aweek. She's not that dirty and it dries out her skin! Also I couldn't spend that much on soph. She's cute but she has lots of cute toys... that I just packed up and put in the basement :P
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Ummmm...Who's Sophie?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Pfff...DS only gets 2-3 baths a week.  I have never bathed WITH him though.  If I did I'd wear a bathing suit...the thought of not wearing one in there just freaks me out for some reason.  And then drying myself off and getting dressed on top of getting him ready...well it's just not worth it.  

I have never given DS anything to attach himself to.  No blanket, stuffie, pacifier.  In part because he just never seemed to need it.  

Anniversary

• imagejs13524:
    Ummmm...Who's Sophie?

OH man, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. LOL.

I didn't know who Sophie was at first either until DD was about 4 months old.

sophie is a very popular giraffe teething toy that people swear by it.

but it's like $22 and I could never get myself to spend that much on one chewing toy she may or may not want. She's not into chewing rubbery things anyway, my DD prefers ribbons!

• imageaboynamedbarry:
    Hmmmm maybe were the same bigbear, again! Lol becuz I didn't get Sophie and I only bathe her 12 times aweek. She's not that dirty and it dries out her skin! Also I couldn't spend that much on soph. She's cute but she has lots of cute toys... that I just packed up and put in the basement :P

Ya, I went to a store once and wanted to see about this Sophie. When I saw it was $22 I just couldnt' bring myself to get it. Especially since I work for a toy conpany and get free toys all the time LOL

She survived without it. :P

• We didn't get Sophie either, especially since we went to BRU and opened the package.  Sophie smells HORRIBLE!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • lp0lp0 member
    We skipped on Sophie too. Ds has these little squirt bath toys that he uses as teething toys. They work great because they are a soft plastic.

I couldn't stand the boppy! I tried so many times to use it but never could get comfortable with it.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• $22???  LOL! My daughter likes to chew on empty water bottles. And since it's like recycling (right?), it's free! Wink
  • we aren't doing a big elaborate 1st birthday party. there will be no theme, no catered food, no rented location, or any of that stuff. i think people go overboard.

oh and we never did the expensive professional portraits that seem to be very trendy right now. or a creepy maternity shoot with naked belly pics. those weird me out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our daycare has Sophie, and DS loves her beyond belief. My Mom then got DS a Sophie for X-mas. I couldn't bring myself to buy it either, but my mom just loves getting things for the kids. Makes her happy, and I'm glad to accept the gifts :)

I didn't do any maternity shoot, or newborn photos either. We just couldn't afford it. Still can't. I can't justify spending that much money, when it would be the equivalent of like 3 months of diapers, wipes, and food. I try my best to get good pics myself. 

• Oh yeah, we never did any professional photo shoots either. We just can't afford it. I'm a little heartbroken about not having done the new born ones but I have one super cute shot off DD I took with my phone when I was holding her. I LOVE that pic and it makes it all better. I just take lots of photos myself. I kind of like the self shot ones, without any extra props. I don't try hard to make a perfect setting, I just shoot and I love the spontanious shots of DD.

• imageaboynamedbarry:
    Hmmmm maybe were the same bigbear, again! Lol becuz I didn't get Sophie and I only bathe her 12 times aweek. She's not that dirty and it dries out her skin! Also I couldn't spend that much on soph. She's cute but she has lots of cute toys... that I just packed up and put in the basement :P

I don't know... 12 times a week sounds like a lot to me. Wink

I haven't planned a birthday party. we have a small house, it's winter, I'm tired. the reasons are legion.

We have Sophie, but it's a hand me down from my first baby. We haven't bought a whole lot for this little one. Everything he has is hand me downs with a few exceptions.

we aren't going to do one-year professional pictures, which we did with our first. I might break down and figure something out for that but life is so busy right now I don't feel like I have the brain-capacity.

• I never slept with my baby on the couch or a recliner or in the bed because I was worried about something happening to him. We stayed at my parents for Christmas and he wasn't sleeping well in the pack and play in a new place so we brought him to bed with us. It was so sweet with him snuggling with me and waking up next to him. I'm not going to make it a habit but it was a memorable experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"