May 2012 Moms
Options

LO fell off the bed!

He's perfectly fine, thank God, but I'm pretty sure it shaved about 5 years off my life.  I walked across the room for one second!  As he was going over the edge I dove across the bed and grabbed his arm.  Poor thing!  I softened his fall to the ground but I'm sure I nearly pulled his arm out of socket.  He screamed for a couple seconds but quickly calmed down.  I looked him over and he was fine.  Just had to share my bad mommy moment of the day. Feel free to make me feel better and give yours :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: LO fell off the bed!

• Options
    Last week DS was napping on me on the couch and woke up suddenly, looked at me for half second, then proceeded to launch himself off of the couch. I caught him the same way you described catching your LO and just softened the fall. He then fell right back asleep on the floor!

Glad your kiddo is ok!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Options
    lol i feel like since LO is getting way more mobile she's doing head plants like once a night!  thank god she's not super dramatic and usually just shakes it off, but i'm starting to see where my friends who's son had a helmet at this age were grateful!  lol  this age sure is squirmy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tease DH because one day DD was on the bed and she never rolls but of course this time she rolled right off the bed. He heard the smack and turned around and she was face down on the laminate floor. She was fine, didn't even bruise (luckily our bed is just a boxspring and mattress on the floor right now) but he felt so horrible. She's fallen off the couch on to the rug with me too, but both times she only cried for about 2 mins. We're terrible parents ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

when he was about 4 months old, he was on our bed while we were getting dressed in the morning, and I was right in front of him, with my knees touching the bed. I told my husband to watch him, cause I needed something out of the closet. I turned, and leaned to the closet, and within 3 seconds I turned back around and he was on his way down... I caught him half way down... 

thank goodness for spidey type reflexes lol

you sure get quick when you become a mom ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I left my magic bullet out on the kitchen counter (didn't realize cord was hanging off the counter top) and LO was in his walker, walked to the kitchen and pulled the damn thing down on his head...#worstmomever
  • Options

DS has been sitting unassisted for quite some time...which means I've gotten a bit lazy watching him when he's sitting.

I plunked him down in front of the mirror in the bedroom with some toys while I folded laundry. Suddenly he's flinging himself cat-pounce style through the air and smacks his little noggin into the baseboard :(

Cried a bit but got over it quickly enough. needless to say he's been surrounded by pillows again recently. 

Nevermind me, I'm too distracted by my mini-carrots to think properly image
    ~Fitness Blog~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Nothing has happened to my May baby, but when DD1 was 4 months old, she fell off the sofa. She didn't even roll at the time! I was changing her diaper, and it was a surprise poopy one, and I walked like 3 feet away too get her a clean diaper. She loved diaper changes and started kicking her little legs in excitement, and kicked so vigorously that she bounced herself right off the couch! She landed face down on a carpeted but concrete floor and got a bloody nose. She cried so hard that I freaked out and took her to ER. Luckily she was fine. I felt sooooo bad (still do actually).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"