November 2011 Moms
Options

GTKY - relationships

When was your last date night?

What did date night consist of?

How often do you get/make time for just you and S/O?

What has been your most memorable date so far?

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

Re: GTKY - relationships

• Options
    imagee_cruiz:

When was your last date night? A week ago last Saturday

What did date night consist of? watched Looper (really good movie), had wine and cheese

How often do you get/make time for just you and S/O? We try to do something once a week even if it's just a movie night in. But at least once every 2 months or so try to leave LO with my mom so we can do an out on the town date

What has been your most memorable date so far? Still our first date, cheesy I know but we say Disney Pixar's UP and I knew this guy was different:)

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    When was your last date night? Err...omg I honestly don't know it has been so long

What did date night consist of? We were gonna do dinner and a movie but ended up not having a sitter

How often do you get/make time for just you and S/O. We try to spend a couple of hours together Saturday or Sunday after the baby is sleeping but that is about all we get

What has been your most memorable date so far? We always used to go to game works which is a bar and grill with arcade games. SO is awesome at DDR lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When was your last date night? A week or so ago, we went to Django Unchained, but it wasn't a "date" really. We literally left to go the movie and came right back, so it wasn't special really. 

What did date night consist of? Usually we went out to dinner and usually went to a movie. We are huge movie buffs.

How often do you get/make time for just you and S/O? DD's bedtime is 7-7:30ish, so we do stuff together after she goes down. We are fortunate enough to have both sets of grandparents near us, so one day of the weekend we try to get away for a couple of hours.

What has been your most memorable date so far? Our first date as well, we went to dinner and liked how things were going, so we went to Kill Bill. He knew I was cool when I wanted to see a gory Tarantino flick. :-) Another one of our first dates, we went to a sports bar to watch the Cubs in the playoffs. That game, the infamous Steve Bartman flucked up everything and cursed us once again! argh!

:-)
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think early December. We tried to go ou in November for our anniversary and the restaurant was closed so we had to post pone.

What did date night consist of? a nice steak dinner at our favorite restaurant

How often do you get/make time for just you and S/O? not a lot at all. My mom is the only one who really watches DS but she has 3 other grandkids so i dont like taking advantage of her.

What has been your most memorable date so far? I'm lame and have no idea.

• Options
    When was your last date night? 2 weeks ago.

What did date night consist of? We went out for burgers and then went to see a Christmas Light display at a nearby garden that we have a membership to.

How often do you get/make time for just you and S/O? We try to have a formal date night once per month, but we also make time several nights per week to do something fun or interesting after the kids are in bed.  Last night it was a huge theological discussion; other nights it is a board game or movie. 

What has been your most memorable date so far?  Our first date sticks out as pretty memorable.  We skipped a Chinese watercolor class in favor of visiting Jing Shan Park in Beijing.  All of our early dates were in China so a lot of those are memorable just because they were so different.  Since we've been married, I would say our celebration of our 3rd wedding anniversary is a pretty memorable date.  We went to see a cool light installation at garden.  It was so beautiful that we brought the kids to see it a few weeks later.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Options
    imagee_cruiz:

When was your last date night? I think July or August of 2011

What did date night consist of? A bad time at the movie theatre

How often do you get/make time for just you and S/O? We usually have a little bit of time each night to talk about our day, in front of the TV or getting ready for bed. Physically, quite often during the week. Big Smile

What has been your most memorable date so far? We dropped DD off at her grandparent's house, I guess it was 4 years ago. We were going to catch a movie but had an hour or more to kill, so we milled around a bookstore. That particular bookstore was hosting a blood drive. I decided to go ahead and donate. They were aweful at finding a vein and I ended up with a bruise the size of a softball! I swore that I would never give blood to the Red Cross again!

I honestly find it hard to even answer these questions, it's been so long since our last date night.

• Options

When was your last date night?  September 2012

What did date night consist of?  We went out to an okay dinner. We were on vacation with DH's parents.  They stayed in the hotel room w/ DD while she was sleeping.  I think I was too paranoid about her waking up and freaking out b/c of being in a new place (first night of vacation) and the dinner wasn't that great so it wasn't an awesome date.

How often do you get/make time for just you and S/O?  We're lucky that DD is a good sleeper and is down by 7:30 almost every night so I feel that we have lots of time in the evening to connect.  I still feel that we have "us" time, even if it is just at home.  DH's parents are coming to town this weekend and he is "making us" go out.  I'm not thrilled about it though.  I know nothing bad will happen, but I still don't love leaving her with them.

What has been your most memorable date so far?  Uhhhhhhhhhhh....I have no idea.  I think most of our dates have been pretty run of the mill.  I think we save our excitement for travel.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Date night? What's that? 

Um, I think our last "date" night was going to a graduation dinner for DH's captain's career course this August. We got dressed up, DH in his dress blues and me in an evening dress, hired a baby sitter, and went to the dinner. We were gone for about 2 hrs. 

Almost never. We live so far from any family and haven't really found anyone reliable to watch DD. The only times we go out just the 2 of us is if family comes to visit or we visit family. 

I don't even know... I guess nothing's really been too memorable; but then again I'm so sleep deprived I can barely remember what show I'm watching on tv when there's a commercial break. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    When was your last date night? We went out for dinner Tuesday night

What did date night consist of? Dinner at our favorite sushi place and a trip to the grocery store

How often do you get/make time for just you and S/O? Probably not as often as we should, but maybe once a month we get my MIL to come watch her for an hour so we can go out

What has been your most memorable date so far? Ever as a couple?  Probably our first date.  Since having kids?  When DD was still in the NICU, we went to Target to get some things.  I was still recovering from my c-section and I couldn't really walk around the store, so DH made me use the cart.  We laughed so hard, which made it hurt, but it felt so good to be silly.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

Last weekend.  We met up with friends about an hour away which was a big deal for me leaving DD and leaving town, at bedtime. 

What did date night consist of? 

We went to a really rustic winery with another couple and drank some awesome wine, then went to dinner, then to a bar for drinks and music and dancing.  It was wonderful!

How often do you get/make time for just you and S/O? 

I hate to say this but we don't really make time for ourselves.  Events or opportunities present themselves in a spur of the moment type.  This has been something that bugs me because I feel we should be doing better at paying attention to eachother but we're happy so I guess that's what counts.  Just gotta get better at leaving DD.  She goes to bed early, so we probably should be taking advantage of that free time. 

What has been your most memorable date so far?

Oh, I have no clue which would be our most memorable.  He's done fun things like surprised me with hair, nails and makeup done at a salon for a date once.  We've done tons of vacations, and those stand out, but as far as dates..Idk.  We used to go out for dinner and drinks.  It was a staple activity for us and we always had such a blast. 

• Options

When was your last date night? Ummm. When LO was 4 months old, we went to eat Mexican & stopped by GameStop. We were gone about 45 minutes..does that even count?

What did date night consist of? ^

How often do you get/make time for just you and S/O? After LO is sleeping..LOL

What has been your most memorable date so far? When DH & I started dating, I packed a picnic lunch in a cute wicker basket. We sat at the lake & ate lunch & drank sweet tea from the wine glasses in the basket. We talked for hours that day. :)

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    When was your last date night? New YearsWhat did date night consist of? We stayed the night at a fancy resort, got massages, nice dinner and dancing and drinks to end the night.How often do you get/make time for just you and S/O? not often enough... maybe every other month.What has been your most memorable date so far? the one I mentioned above.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"