Preemies
Options

never ending sleep issues

DD is back to not sleeping! We finally got her sleeping with medication and were getting her worked towards a decent bed time and then she caught croup. It was of course worse at night and we were told to stop her med for sleep so there was no risk of interaction from the croup treatment, but now we are back to not sleeping. She's over her croup, has mild congestion which her pedi attributed to the back to back drastic weather changes, he prescribed an allergy med that causes drowsiness to help that and try to get her sleeping again, but no luck with the sleep. I feel like my eyes are gonna fall right out I'm so tired. We have gotten to the point of trying CIO which absolutely kills me. I'm starting to think we will never get more then an hr or 2 of sleep. I'm so ready for rsv/flu season to be over so I can send her to her grandma's for a few hrs just to take a nap.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: never ending sleep issues

• Options
    I'm trying, but between cabin fever and little sleep I'm going crazy. I feel like such a horrible mom for letting her cry when we put her down. I know I'm not and that all of her needs are met prior to just letting her cry, and we check on her frequently to make sure she's just crying because she wants to be up, just tears at my heart letting her cry like that. I talked to her pedi about CIO and with everything we have already done he recommended letting her cry at least 20 mins before we get her up to comfort her. That just feels like an eternity to me. I'm hoping she starts sleeping soon, I really hate her being so upset at night and cranky all day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"