New Orleans Babies
Options

Looking for an OB in NOLA

I just found out I am 5 to 6 weeks pregnant and I am on the hunt for an OB.  Any  recommendations would be greatly appreciated ... Thanks!

Re: Looking for an OB in NOLA

• Options

I see Quinn Peeper (across from Touro) and love him and his staff.  I used to go to Rebecca Perret, but had major issues with her staff (see earlier posts for specifics on issues from me and others about her) and switched to him.  He's a great doctor and delivers his patients' babies (none of that "it could be any one of the doctors in the practice" crap).  It's a small practice, with one other OB/GYN and a GYN.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I loved, loved, loved Dr. Von Almen but unfortunately he's retiring. Dr. Perret was with me early in my labor, she reminds me of a midwife. She is very pro-whatever-you-want. However, I agree the staff is troubling. Touro in general is very pro natural births, (speaking from an experience and as a FNP myself). If you are interested, there are two nurse midwives housed across the street from Touro. I've heard great things about them. Check them out https://www.womantowomanmidwifery.com/

Good luck to you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also see Dr. Von Allmen and will be one of the last patients he delivers. He is great!! For my first daughter I saw the midwives mentioned above who I LOVED. They were always on time, but still took there time during the appt. I'd highly recommend them. My daughter ended up being breech which is why i switched to Dr. Von Allmen. I've heard great things about Dr. DuTreil.
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love my OB, Dr. Florencia Polite.  She is with LSU and practices in the LSU clinic on St. Charles Ave. near Superior Grill.  She delivers private patients at Touro Hospital.  I agree that Touro was a great hospital to deliver in.  Their lactation consultants are great, they're very pro-breastfeeding, pro-natural birth, etc.  I had a C-Section because my baby was breech but all the staff and nurses were very friendly and helpful. 
  • Options
    I was originally with Dr. Perret, but switched. Her staff wa rude and terrible and trying to get a hold of her was next to impossible. I'm with Dr. Lapeyrolerie, who also delivers at Touro, but is across the street from Dr. Perret. I like her a lot. Her staff isn't stellar, but they're nicer than the ones from Perret.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm with Dr. Lapeyrolerie.Im new to the city and had no idea who to choose.Dr.Lap is very personable and makes you feel really comfortable.Shes also pretty funny! I will be delivered at Touro.Her office is located right near the hospital on Prytania.The only warning I'd give you is that you will wait an hour to an hour and half to see her.She seems like she has a lot of patients.She seems to be a great doctor so far.Some ppl say her staff isn't friendly but I've had no problems with them,they've been pretty good to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

@ nawlinsgrl Thanks for the suggestion and warning ... I read your post about Dr Perret's office, that is so unfortunate that she wouldn't even take responsibility for her staff and their actions.  You are not the first person I have heard horrible things about her from ... Thanks again!

• Options
    Hi! Congradulations!! I see Dr. Angela Parisce at Ocshner! She is wonderful I am only 13 weeks and its my first pregnancy so she has been great!!
  • Options
    Kinda late to respond but Dr. Rajiv Gala at Ochsner is amazing! He's at Baptist and the Jefferson Hwy campuses. Not sure what hospital you want to go with so I can possibly suggest other drs.
    ~Steph

BFP 1.11.10 - Natural M/C 1.21.10 (5w5d)
    BFP 9.19.10 - Mia Lynn born 5.4.11 (36w6d)
    BFP 8.05.12 - waiting for Baby G2, edd 4.10.13

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is also my first baby.  I am due August 4th with a baby boy.  I wanted to deliver at Touro because I have heard from many people that they are the best so I searched for a good OB that delivers there.  Several people recommended Dr. Jennifer Mills who practices in the Lakeside area.  She has been so sweet and great!  She calls me personally when I have a question or issue and her staff has been nice and easy to work with so far.  Congratulations and good luck on your search!
    Our first child, Finnaeus Patton Downs, is due August 4, 2013. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I see Dr. Thomas at Oscher In Kenner.  She is wonderful and the staff there is amazing too.  Her office is connected to the hospital which makes everything really convenient too.  We just had the baby last week and the entire labor and delivery staff made a world of difference.  Our LO ended up in NICU for a couple days as well and still, all the NICU nurses were wonderful, understanding, and most of all super helpful.  I highly recommend Dr. Thomas if you live in the area.
  • Options

Dr. Lapeyrolerie is great! Very knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommended

• Options
    Dr. Dutreil is my ob and he is awesome. He delivered both of my sisters kids. Understanding and his nurses are better than dr. Parret's . (They are rude I thank God I don't have to deal with them)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"