Alabama Babies
Options

huntsville doctor that supports med free birth?

Hello all!

I am currently 20 weeks pregnant and have been seeing a doctor here in Huntsville, I have brought up my desires for a med free birth and some other things like delaying cutting the cord and not being pushed to induce right at 40 weeks and we are not on the same page. 

If anyone here has any recommendations of a doctor who would be supportive I would love to hear them! TIA ladies!

Charlotte Elise
  5/27/2013

Re: huntsville doctor that supports med free birth?

• Options
    Dr aguayo or Dr Cimino are usually more natural birth friendly. Good luck!
  • Options
    I had an unmedicated birth with my son using one of the doctors at TN Valley OB/GYN, but she did not make it easy.  It seems like all of the doctors at TN Valley OB are very intervention-friendly.  I have heard good things about Dr. Aguayo and Roberta Ress (a midwife in Athens).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Please update if you find a doctor, I am only 10 weeks but am also looking for a doctor who is less intervention "happy." Currently I am using Dr. Callison at TV Obgyn, who has been very nice but I am unsure of her practices intervention wise.
    Thanks!
  • Options

imageannever:
    Please update if you find a doctor, I am only 10 weeks but am also looking for a doctor who is less intervention "happy." Currently I am using Dr. Callison at TV Obgyn, who has been very nice but I am unsure of her practices intervention wise. Thanks!

that is who I was originally seeing and as I got further along and asked more specific questions, I found her reputation of cookie cutter practicing and very high c section rate to be true. She told me because I was a " large" baby ( 9 lbs) that I need to prepare myself that my baby might be too large a require a c section. Also when I asked about letting the cord stop pulsing before cutting she said " no, that's just Internet voodoo" and when asked about induction she said 41 weeks is too long to go and at 40 weeks we would start inducing. 

With all that being said I moved over to Dr. Cimino and love him! He takes so much more time with you and gave me lots of good info and was open to doing whatever ( within reason) that I wanted to do. I highly recommend him. Do switch sooner rather than later as he usually doesn't take you as a new patient after 20 weeks.

Hope this helps and good luck! 

Charlotte Elise
      5/27/2013

• Options
    I just transferred to Dr. Aguayo and am very pleased.  I think both she and the other lady in the same practice are both very open to doing things that the mother is interested in. She has great reviews on all the medical websites I checked for ratings by previous patients too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have had 2 unmedicated births with Dr aguayo at crestwood medical center. She is a great doctor and crestwood it more unmedicated mom friendly than huntsville hospital.
  • Options
    I'm also at tv ObGyn but I see Dr Gilliam. I haven't talked to her yet about going natural and I'm not sure I'm even positive that's exactly what I want. I plan to talk to her at my appt Tuesday. I know I want to avoid a c section and I don't want to be induced but I'm not necessarily 100 percent against an epi but I want to go as long as I can without one. I will be delivering at Huntsville hospital and I'm 23 weeks today.
  • Options
    Congratulations to all of you for finding the three people 2 docs, 1 midwife I have heard wonderful things about!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"