January 2012 Moms

I'm fighting 3 battles at once

As if it wasn't hard enough with a picky eater and a bad sleeper, I have to fight my mom and DH and their bad habits,too!

I don't have to tell you again that DD has never slept well. The last few months have been much much much better but the last 2-3 weeks it's been not so good again. Waking up 2+times / night, sometimes wanting to eat but most of the time it's just attention just like when she was smaller.

Last night she was up again 4 times. I fed her at 1am and she was hungry (she didn't want the bottle at my moms at 5pm so I guess she was missing that one). At 4.30 she was up again. DH went in and gave her another bottle IN THE CRIB!!!! We have never done this up until I guess he did it once last week, too and now again this morning. When I said DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN, he rolled his eyes and asked "why not".   Where the heck has he been for the past 1.5 years of reading, talking to docs and education our selves of do's and don'ts about baby sleeping/feeding etc.

And then my mom thinks DD needs to eat soup all the f'n time. The other day she told me "I made DD soup and she didn't want any. This was at 10am! And she also looked at me like I'm an idiot when I said time to get her off the bottle and do just sippy.

How the heck am I supposed to improve on things with DD when two other people who spend most of the time with DD aren't on the same page and won't follow through. It's so frustrating and I don't have to patience anymore, nore do I feel like I need to explain why I want things a certain way! I'm the mother, just f'd do it, if you don't have any other smart suggestions.

UGH!!!!! Ok vent over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm fighting 3 battles at once

• I'm sorry :( I'm sure it's a stressful situation... especially if you aren't sleeping well at night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• imageMrsRucinski85:
    I'm sorry :( I'm sure it's a stressful situation... especially if you aren't sleeping well at night.

Thanks MrsRucinski85! Ya it sucks LOL

• Loading the player...
  • I can relate. DH and I have similar views on how we want things done when it comes to our kids, however my mother can be a nightmare. She was babysitting for us one morning, which is great, but we walked in and she was scooping ice cream. It was 10am. She lets the kids get Popsicles ect whenever, which makes my dad mad and then they get in trouble. I limit the sweets and never give them soda. She buys them Root beer all the time. I hate it, and feel disrespected. I have talked to her about it, but she still does it anyhow. The worst is that Asher almost died of RSV and she's a big smoker. She said she was going to quit, but we'd call and say we were bringing the kids over and we'd walk in and it was obvious that she had just smoked one in the house. WTF Mom! She's been better, but she still jokes about how when I was working she let our daughter, who was a baby at the time, sip on Smirnoff and how much she liked it. So, now I am a SAHM!
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• imageemnoahmom:
    I can relate. DH and I have similar views on how we want things done when it comes to our kids, however my mother can be a nightmare. She was babysitting for us one morning, which is great, but we walked in and she was scooping ice cream. It was 10am. She lets the kids get Popsicles ect whenever, which makes my dad mad and then they get in trouble. I limit the sweets and never give them soda. She buys them Root beer all the time. I hate it, and feel disrespected. I have talked to her about it, but she still does it anyhow. The worst is that Asher almost died of RSV and she's a big smoker. She said she was going to quit, but we'd call and say we were bringing the kids over and we'd walk in and it was obvious that she had just smoked one in the house. WTF Mom! She's been better, but she still jokes about how when I was working she let our daughter, who was a baby at the time, sip on Smirnoff and how much she liked it. So, now I am a SAHM!

Oh my goodness, that's a tough one! :(

I'm so glad you are able to be a SAHM! I still get sad about the fact that we couldn't pull it off and I had to go back to work. It was especially hard when DD was still in daycare b/c I was very very unahappy with it but couldn't just take DD out of there that second either. So I am happy that DD is with my mom now, but man, it's tough when they just won't listen. Like you said, it's a matter of respect and I feel that they are not showing it, if they are just bluntly ignoring or arguing about wishes and rules we set as mothers....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"