January 2012 Moms

Feeding question

I feed my daugher canned carrots, green beans and peas.  I buy the no sodium kind.  Am I bad for doing this?  I do have some guilt but the veggies are soft and easy for her to eat. Tongue Tied  Does anyone else give there tots canned veggies?

Re: Feeding question

• I don't because I think they taste kind of gross. Why not give her frozen ones instead? When you thaw the frozen peas, carrots, and green beans, they are soft. My DD eats frozen ones pretty often.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• imageHilarityEnsued:

Well I wouldn't feel guilty about it. 

DS won't eat vegetables unless that are pureed and include some component of fruit.  And he will no longer tolerate purees.  So the moral of this story is that he absolutely will not eat any vegetables.  Canned, frozen, thawed, steamed, fresh, blah blah blah.  Negative.

Your DS and my DD should be best friends. This is DD 100%

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I do this too.  I tried giving DD frozen vegetables, but the skin was too tough for her to chew.  She has a much easier time eating canned vegetables. 
    imageimageimage
  • I usually do frozen.  I buy the big bag of frozen peas and cook a few days worth at a time and keep them in the fridge.

My daughter loves eating peas.  I've even given her a few as a snack.

However, I do find that the steamer bag veggies aren't soft enough for her.

I don't think it really matters.  It can't been that much different than the jar veggies that Gerber has in the baby food aisle.

• Nah, I give DS canned fruit all the time.

The only thing I have against canned veggies is that they taste... well, canned. So I usually don't keep any on hand. I prefer steaming up some frozen ones, and the whole family can eat them for dinner.

• lp0lp0 member
    I don't think there is anything wrong with canned veggies. I personally buy frozen for me and DH but for ds I usually steam some fresh ones. I have a baby steamer/pure machine I keep on my counter and it literally takes me two seconds to throw the veggies in. Best groupon purchase I made :
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• I just give her whatever we eat for dinner... butter, canned stuff, oils... you name it, she eats it! I don't feel bad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"