Pre-School and Daycare
Options

XP: Private School vs. Public Montessori Program

What would you choose:Pros for Montessori are that it is free, love the curriculum, the entire concept.Cons for Montessori is that it's out of district so DD and I would have to drive 15 miles/20 minutes to go back and forth.Pros for Private school is that it is 1.75 miles from our house and that it is small school.Cons are that maybe it too much religion for us if we still have her in Sunday School, and expensive We will have to open enroll with our state for consideration into the district and then also have to be put in a lottery so it doesn't guarantee us into the Montessori program.  The good news is that DD is in the private school for next year (has a spot already, deposit was $50.) I guess the biggest con is the drive...but is it worth it? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Private School vs. Public Montessori Program

• Options
    We really like the Montessori philosophy, and we pay a small mortgage to send DD to a Montessori preschool.  I would definitely drive 20 min. if you like the school - we found that there's a lot of difference in quality with schools that label themselves as Montessori.
  • Options
    If you can do the drive I would not think twice. I would LOVE TO SEND MY KIDS, at least DS, to Mintessori so that is an easy one for me.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagefredalina:
    I pay a pretty penny for Montessori. Free is definitely worth the drive for me IF you like the school.

ditto! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"