Parenting after 35

speaking of feeling old...

Let's see how many sayings all the little whipper-snappers may need to have explained to them. I'll start:

Never trust a book by it's cover

He sounds like a broken record

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: speaking of feeling old...

• mwdmwd member
    It's like grand central station in here.  Had to explain that to a 20 something at work. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Party like it's 1999 (Depending on how young. I teach high school..)

ETA: I wish I could think of more. At least once a week I get a blank stare from students due to some pop culture reference, but none are coming to mind right now.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • I can't think of any, but these are all great ones.
  • Party lines and dialing phones (ie rotary).
  • imagehijoi:
    Here's a quarter, call someone who cares.

This made me laugh.  Related to this .... last week my 7 yr old was singing that song Payphone.  She's been singing it for months.  I said to her, "Do you KNOW what a payphone is?"  She said, "Yes, of course!  It's a, like, rectangle (drawing w/her hands).......well, no, I don't know what it is."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • When Stella was perhaps 6 months old, she started making this face...a face that I referred to as her "Watchoo talkin' bout Willis" face.  Total blank stare from a younger co-worker.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH and I often start a sentence off with "I pity the fool...". Sunidaze, we also love "Watchoo talkin' bout Willis"!
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I told one of my 10 year olds "here's a quarter, call someone who cares" and you would have thought I was speaking French!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"