Illinois Babies
Options

Bella Baby Photographers

Did anyone use Bella Baby Photographers at Northwestern?  Thoughts?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bella Baby Photographers

• Options
    This sounds stupid but is bella baby a big company? If so my cousins just used them when they had their son in Dec and the pictures turned out amazing!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've seen them from Northwestern and from Hinsdale.  All have been great pictures and moms said it was so convenient to do right in the hospital. I don't have any info about the pricing, or details though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekuteashbee:
    This sounds stupid but is bella baby a big company? If so my cousins just used them when they had their son in Dec and the pictures turned out amazing!

Yes, I'm pretty sure there are many hospitals that use this service.  I checked on Yelp and saw some mixed reviews.  The pics look nice but some were complaining of the price for what you get.  

I personally like how convenient it sounds.  I was thinking about doing this.  My SIL offered to take some pics of my son but she lives far away so I don't know how soon she'd be able to visit. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Bella is a good size company but I know that they are not in every hospital in the Chicagoland area. Depending on hospital policy you might be able to bring in the photographer of your choice.All of our LOs were delivered at Prentice and Bella has did the pictures at the hospital. They have a price sheet which is different from the one for pictures at your home, the studio, or in the community. DD was born in 2011 and I think the CD with all of the pictures was just over $100. We also have Bella do all of our LOs milestone and holiday photos. They have a studio in Naperville and will do pictures in your home or in the community. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

They are extremely convenient and we will use them again for this LO. Plus, there is no monetary commitment from you just to have them take the photos. My only "complaint" is not only the price (like PP said, $100 for a cd with 20 pics plus printing rights) but you won't get much "variety". Granted, there isn't much a newborn to do but many of our pictures look the same with only minor differences between the shots. Also, our pictures look very similar to other friends of our who also bought their Bella discs.

So if you want "original", you won't necessarily find it with Bella but you can't really beat the convenience factor (the first time they came, our son was NOT having it so the photo came back the following day, no problem). Like I said, we'll be using them again for the hospital shots and I would encourage you to at least let them take the photos and you can always decide after you see them whether or not you want to order. Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

So, let me get this straight, it costs $100 for the CD but more money to actually order the prints?

Do they have any props that they use?  If I bring a hat and tie for my little one, will they incorporate them into the pics?

Thanks for all the great info!  I'm seriously considering using them during my stay!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    $100 seems reasonable to me.  Every other professional photographer I've seen charges more than that for a one hour session not including prints. The last few I looked at were around $250 for an hour session.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageHappy2BPregnant:

So, let me get this straight, it costs $100 for the CD but more money to actually order the prints?

Do they have any props that they use?  If I bring a hat and tie for my little one, will they incorporate them into the pics?

Thanks for all the great info!  I'm seriously considering using them during my stay!

Bella Baby usually encourages parents to bring a special blanket (if they have one) to wrap baby in, otherwise they will use a clean hospital sheet. I know some photographers have a basket with them but I don't think ours did..at least she never pulled it out. I want to say that I have seen baby girls with crocheted hats on but not so much of the ties, tutus, etc that you will see in many newborn shoots today. I'm sure you can email Bella Baby with questions about props and they could answer them (maybe just let them know what hospital you are delivering in too in case policies differ from hospital to hospital) Or, if you are lucky if/when you take a tour of Northwestern, you may run into a photographer on the Post Partum floor. Our tour guide/docent stopped when she saw one so that she could give a brief description of what they do and we could ask questions.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We used them in November and where very happy with the pictures and the convenience of them coming to you. Yes they will use your props, I had an owl hat and a rose swaddle blanket and they used both. Also the photographer let us use our own camera to take pictures as well and that was before we decided to purchase them. After coming home from the hospital we where so happy to have gotten them and not have to worry about finding a photographer or taking baby out in the cold. 
  • Options

imageLetty722:
    We used them in November and where very happy with the pictures and the convenience of them coming to you. Yes they will use your props, I had an owl hat and a rose swaddle blanket and they used both. Also the photographer let us use our own camera to take pictures as well and that was before we decided to purchase them. After coming home from the hospital we where so happy to have gotten them and not have to worry about finding a photographer or taking baby out in the cold. 

Thanks for sharing.  Is $100 really the price?  I agree it sounds so convenient to not have to worry about getting a photographer.  Plus, it's great to have them done when the baby is just born!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just inquired recently about prices from Bella Baby. The price list I received says, "CD with all slideshow images for 135.00, all images in black and white for an additional 10.00."
  • Options

I delivered at Prentice in Dec and the CD (which we bought) was 135. Not too bad, considering.  We were able to put the baby in a hat we brought, and they used a blanket we had as well. They seemed really happy to use whatever we wanted. They provided a large basket that they placed the baby in, it was cute, but not too overdone. I liked it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome!  Thanks for sharing ladies!  I can't wait to have pictures taken of my little guy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"