June 2011 Moms
Options

Whinny Stage

Is anyone else's 20 month old going through a really whinny stage??? Lexi has been a terror lately and for no good reason at all. I think it may be because she wants attention but she gets a lot of it. Any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Whinny Stage

• Options
    We started the temper tantrum stage right around Christmas.  Not so much whiney, but a full on tantrum.  Not fun.  
  • Options

So far our LO hasn't been whinny or throwing tantrums yet.  Then again he is really good at communicating needs and wants through both vocal and non-vocal communication.

He does get cranky when tired especially when he doesn't get a nap but that is more due to being tired then anything else.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! Whiny and tantrums. I've gotten the faces of sympathy from people while shopping with DS. I guess it's part of their stage and I just hope when DS can communicate better, it will stop (or slow down?)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

LO has been doing this alot lately too. I know it is because she is trying to tell me

something or ask for something and I don't know what it is. I try having her show me and it works sometimes.

• Options
    We've been going through this stage too. I was kind of hoping it was just because he was sick and got a little spoiled, but I'm thinking its the terrible twos starting early. He gets mad at his toys if they don't do what he wants them to do stands at the fridge crying even after he's just eaten. He's even got a meaner cry when he's in tantrum mode. I have heard that the terrible twos usually start around 18 or 19 months, so I guess let the fun begin. :
  • Options
    Z is going through a whiney stage and a tantrum one Tongue Tied How fun! Sorry no concrete advice, only words of encouragement... hang in there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't even think about the terrible twos coming early, but that makes sense. She does usually communicate her needs pretty well so she definitely may be going through a stage.
  • Options
    YES, X2!! I have them whining, throwing themselves on me, on the floor & on eachother. Sometimes one will be perfectly happy, but the other will be throwing a fit & will have to pull the happy ones hair or pull him down just to make him feel the same way the upset one is feeling I guess. I've just chalked it up to being the terrible two's that decided to arrive early.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"