December 2012 Moms
Options

How often do your parents visit?

My DH and I are very lucky - we have a supportive family that is VERY excited about our little one. The grandparents in particular are over the moon. They're really eager to spend time with LO. I'm not very eager to have company frequently, though, even if it is just our parents. I want to give them a reasonable amount of time with LO, but I'm not sure what that is. How often do your parents and baby get together?

Re: How often do your parents visit?

• Options
    Once a week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options

imageilenegrace:
    Once a week.

This with DH's parents. Except we bring her over there. And my parents live across the country, so it looks like it's going to be once a year with them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They're 4 hours away, and we see them 3 or 4 times a year on average. They haven't met LO yet though. Soon!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    My parents were here the first few days ... it was rough... they then went to help another family member so they have not visited because they are currently 3 or more hours away rather than the usual 40 mins.

IL's who also live 40 mind away, have visited about once a week and it lasts for about 40 mins to a two hours depending on LO's feeding needs and if there is a household project for FIL to assist with ... they have helped replace a toliet and rearranging furnature, etc. MIL holds LO as long as she can and is more than welcome to do so because it gives our arms a rest.

DH's Aunt and an adult Cousin who live in town, have also been visiting once a week or more frequently as needed, but they are sometimes bring us items they picked up for us from the store, and or watching LO while I nap, or providing me with much desired access to the world outside of the house and more varied grown up company for DH and I.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think my mom would move in if I let her.. she has been over every other night since we got home! It's actually been nice as it gives me a little break while she is getting her grandchild fix!
  • Options
    My parents have been over once/week. It doesn't bother me but I think they're going to need to take a week off if they don't want to drive DH crazy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have families that live close and before baby we saw them every weekend. It's still the same now. They all are still working so they are busy too but they would definitely raise eyebrows if we skipped a weekend, especially DH's family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My mom lives 5 hours away and I haven't seen her in a couple years. We'll be going up with the baby soon though.
    We see dh's family a couple times a week.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My family lives 10 minutes away and I'm so glad they do.  My mom is over a few days a week to help with my daughter and she's a savior!  She'll take the kids while I do errands, go to the doctor, nap, shower, etc.  Or we'll run errands together, go to the park, zoo, etc.  My dad comes over a couple times a week for 10 minutes or so (small attention span!).  And my aunt and uncle are neighbors and we see them one of two times a week.  It's great because we have a bunch of babysitters that the kids are very comfortable with.  Hubby's family is 2,800 miles away which is not a bad thing....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We see the IL's 2 to 3 times a week. This includes lunch each week after church on Sundays, then maybe dinner another night or a quick visit in which they stop by for 10 or 15 min. They live 5 min away.

My family lives 2000 miles away so we see then maybe once a year.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    We share a home with my mil, so daily, which can be nerve racking at times.  My parents live about a 10min walk away, so 1or 2 a week.  Lo just went though a 3day growth spurt, so my parents are going to watch her so hubby and in can get out and eat a meal in one sitting.  :-) 
  • Options

My parents live 15 minutes away, so we see them a LOT. On average, 3 times a week. 

ILs live 4-5 hours away. We see them every 6 weeks or so for a weekend visit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    All of our family lives about 3 1/2 - 4 hours away so it varies. In December my in-laws were down twice and my parents once. This month we are going for a visit next weekend so we will see them all. The rest of the year it kinda just depends on everyone's schedule. Typically we go back to visit every 3-4 months though. My in-laws typically come down a few times a year because they have no kids at home and can travel more freely then my parents.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Both our parents live about 12 minutes away. We see his parents 2 times a week. We see my parents 4 or more times a week, my mom and I go every where together and they have us over for meals a lot, especially since the baby was born.

They're leaving for Texas on Monday for 3 1/2 weeks, I pretty much wanna cry just thinking about it.
    Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • Options
    Everyday. And its nice! We usually go to their house beccause my mom cooks dinner. They're 12 min away.

My husbands parents live in the Dominicsn Republic. We are going in March and they may come end of summer so 2x a year
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My family has come over once or twice a week. His mother has come over every other day :(  She would be here every day if we let her. She doesnt have a job so she has lots of free time. It makes me feel bad for my family cause they cant come over that often and Id much rather have them here.
  • Options
    I wish I could see my mom as often as some of you ladies get to see yours! I was with my mom every day for LO's first 6 weeks of life (she was here for 2, then we were there for 3 over the holidays) and now it'll go to every couple of months one of us will make the trek 8 1/2 hours.
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"