New Jersey Babies
Options

c-section rate

Hey All, 

We just moved to NJ and all I keep hearing about is the crazy high c-section rate for NJ, and so many of them were unnessesary. Any STM been through this process in NJ? What did you do to avoid the C-section?  I have been told by a few doulas to argue and question everything and stay home as long as possible. 

Re: c-section rate

• Options
    Choose your care provider and birthplace very thoughtfully.  The ican website www.icanofnj.com has stats on c-sections and other interventions in nj. If you'd like recs on care providers with low C/S rates, send me a message.  
  • Options
    imagebudwana birth:
    Choose your care provider and birthplace very thoughtfully. nbsp;The ican website www.icanofnj.com has stats on csections and other interventions in nj. If you'd like recs on care providers with low C/S rates, send me a message. nbsp;

This this this. You're much more likely to be railroaded into interventions that could result in CS if you're at a hospital that treats them like they're SOP.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebudwana birth:
    Choose your care provider and birthplace very thoughtfully.  The ican website www.icanofnj.com has stats on c-sections and other interventions in nj. If you'd like recs on care providers with low C/S rates, send me a message.  

This exactly! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You could always opt for a home birth. That reduces your chance to have a csection way down to when its absolutely necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"