Parenting after 35

Oh yeah, that makes me feel old

There was a post on August '12 asking about people's favorite classic rock bands. Journey, Metallica and GnR were on the list. As were the Red Hot Chili Peppers... and Bush!!!

Dear lord!

Re: Oh yeah, that makes me feel old

• Bush????  Classic????   Not very likely.

OMG!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know the feeling. My tech was cleaning up a really messy area that probably has never been cleaned in decades. I said that she might find Jimmy Hoffa in there and no one knew who I was talking about. I had to explain. Sad
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I told a kid the other day he sounded like a broken record. He had no idea wtf I was talking about.

And, when did some of those become classic rock. Mind you, Beastie Boys is old school. That's not right.

• I think we just have to wait till our favorite '80s and '90s music gets really old, because then it'll all get cool again!

Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll even be alive then. Big Smile

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Sigh.

Bush wasn't even popular until I was OUT of college. 

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Don't worry, we put a RUSH movie on and DD said "Those guys look a million years old!"...  I should add that she said the same thing about the 80's bands when they had replays on...Tongue Tied

There's something about hearing TLC on the classic stations that even gets me - seriously 1995 wasn't THAT long ago!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mwdmwd member

imagesmit5009:
    I know the feeling. My tech was cleaning up a really messy area that probably has never been cleaned in decades. I said that she might find Jimmy Hoffa in there and no one knew who I was talking about. I had to explain. Sad

LOL

And robynlesly, like the new family pic siggie.  

• I went into best buy the other day looking for earphones that have the radio in them and don't have to be attached to an IPOD or MP3 Player. The girl asked to help me and I told her and she looked at me as if I had two heads.  She didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I was like, I'm not that old.
  • Yea, I used to turn on our classic rock radio station and they would be playing Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc.  Now they are playing GNR, Bon Jovi and Motley Crue!!  WTH!  I really have no idea when I got that old that my favorite music is classic rock. lol
  • imagerobynlesley:

Sigh.

OMG, I love your siggy pic!
  • imagerobynlesley:

Sigh.

OMG, I love your siggy pic!
  • imageaurora1974:
    Yea, I used to turn on our classic rock radio station and they would be playing Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc.  Now they are playing GNR, Bon Jovi and Motley Crue!!  WTH!  I really have no idea when I got that old that my favorite music is classic rock. lol

Ditto!

To the PP who was looking for the radio headset, check Walmart, they still have CD walkman's...  I do however know that they stopped making them for cassettes a few years back....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the family sig compliments.  Picture People Groupon!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • imageBrideBuddies:

Bush????  Classic????   Not very likely.

OMG!

I know!!! A one hit wonder from 1995 does not a classic make.
  • imagegimmietimmies:

I told a kid the other day he sounded like a broken record. He had no idea wtf I was talking about.

And, when did some of those become classic rock. Mind you, Beastie Boys is old school. That's not right.

Old school =/= classic.
  • imagefredalina:
    Not exactly music related but my coworker Sarah who is exactly my age got transferred to a new Dept. She was saying to her coworkers "in my world..." which made her sing "Sarah's world, excellent!" Like Wayne's World. And no one knew what she was referencing. And then I asked if they were all older and she was like, "Nice try. No, dear, we're the fogies." Lol
    Yup. It's sad that I would have immediately assumed that they were too old to catch it. Shame that those who WERE too old are probably close to retirement by now.

Oof.

• imagestever:
    imagegimmietimmies:

I told a kid the other day he sounded like a broken record. He had no idea wtf I was talking about.

Old school =/= classic.
    I know that, I should have mentioned it in reference to the radio. I was listening to the radio the other day, and someone called in and wanted to listen to "old school", Beastie Boys preferred, but anything old would do (pop/rap/etc). This was me Indifferent. I shouldn't have been too surprised at the old comment, the DJ was on the air when I was a teen.
  • I always cry a little when I hear Motley Crue on the classic rock stations.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We once played a game of Taboo with some 20 somethings...  I was paired with one of them and had to explain "Birkenstock" 

Yeah, they had no idea.   

• I agree with the Bush comment...they were ok...i mean.. you might as well throw LIVE in with the Bush catagory.

RHCP...classic? Isnt the Beatles, Doors etc the Classics? I dont think we are old. I think its just the younger ones didnt have the proper musical training and honestly....grew up with Nsync, boy bands!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Oh come now! Bush was practically the entire soundtrack for a really bad movie with Reeese Witherspoon, Mark Wahlberg and William Peterson called Fear.  Oh, I think there may have been a Pixiers song tossed in there, too, but it was mostly Bush.
    Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson were on the oldies country station. That realy bothered me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • imageshelley1002:
    I always cry a little when I hear Motley Crue on the classic rock stations.

I heard an old, like way back in the beginning, Crue song on the Boneyard (sirius) yesterday and Vince Neil sounded so...young...like teenager young.  So sad.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"