Single Parents
Options

Custody/mediation question...

Hi all! I was wondering if you could shed some light on what happens if my soon to be ex does not show up for mediation. I'm in PA. I filed for custody of our 7 month old, he has only seen her twice in 3 months and now we have mediation tomorrow. He just returned to work after being on fmla leave for a suicide attempt so he is scheduled to work tomorrow and he is the kind of guy to say something to me about it we had a support mtg monday and he was texting me the night before and all morning the day of about it. So he has not said a word about tomorrow or the required "Children in the middle" class that is mandatory, so I dont think he attended this either. Will he be in contempt or what? I really worry about my daughter being with him due to hia severe lack of judgement these days so if it at least makes him look bad that will make me feel a little better that I will have the upper hand.
Thanks for any advice/insight in advance!

Re: Custody/mediation question...

• Options

I know that in my state. mediation meetings are just that. IF he doesn't show up they will probably grant you temp. custody until a court hearing can be scheduled. If they didn't give him a date by which to have the class completed and if it wasn't ordered by a judge, then he cannot be held in contempt.

I understand about disliking your ex but the mentality of trying to make him look bad does nothing to help your daughter. You just need to go in and do what you need to do and not worry about what he is doing. I understand it is hard because my child's father is a tool that is doing the same thing but if you just worry about your family that you are creating now then things will be easier mentally on yourself.

26 yr old single mama to Violet Jane, Worker Drone to the Man and perpetual student. Image and video hosting by TinyPic9/7/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 1 week old
  • Options
    I know that I was told that they will look badly at me if I didn't attend the pre-mediation class so you will have a slight upper hand with that. If he doesn't show up, that will be noted and when the judge sees you in court, the judge may make a final decision at that time or continue it for a later date until your ex can get his **it together and make it to the appointment for mediation. Don't worry. As long as you do what you are supposed to do, that will help you in the custody battle. You will be okay, I know it! GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"