December 2010 Moms
Options

Rash... what's the culprit? (Luvs users, come in!)

M has a pretty red diaper-rash looking rash on his tush. I can't decide if it's from the flu shot he got last night or the new diapers we started him on (switched from Huggies to Luvs because of a big sale). How would you differentiate?

He hasn't had a diaper rash in forever. We don't even have ointment because it's been so long. He's not really one to have sensitive skin reactions, but it's right around his diaper zone and I can't help but think it might be the leak guard strip in the new Luvs. 

Does anyone have issues with Luvs and reactions?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rash... what's the culprit? (Luvs users, come in!)

• Options
    We've never had a reaction with Luvs. Do you have any of your old diapers?? You could try going back and clearing it up then giving the Luvs a chance again.
  • Options
    Sorry about M's rash!  At least you can probably get away with buying one of the tiny tubes of cream since he'll probably have so few rashes before he's PT'd.  I've never used Luvs for C before b/c his skin is super sensitive, but he did get the chemical burn from a Pampers Cruiser once (a mess up at DC).  For this reason, I have to write Christian across all of his diapers now.  I've not heard about the flu shot causing a rash though it's possible.  I'd bet though that the new diaper might be the culprit if you just switched.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our kid gets a rash from just about everything, so we just treat it and guess.  I would just put Huggies back on him until it clears up (and some rash cream or vasaline) and then try the new diapers again once the rash is gone.  If he gets a rash again when you try the diapers again, well, there's the answer. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we have never had any issues with Luvs! (or any other diaper)

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    imagelrn327:
    Sorry about M's rash! nbsp;At least you can probably get away with buying one of the tiny tubes of cream since he'll probably have so few rashes before he's PT'd. nbsp;I've never used Luvs for C before b/c his skin is super sensitive, lbut he did get the chemical burn from a Pampers Cruiser once a mess up at DC. nbsp;For this reason, I have to write Christian across all of his diapers now. nbsp;I've not heard about the flu shot causing a rash though it's possible. nbsp;I'd bet though that the new diaper might be the culprit if you just switched.

Just so you know, Luvs are made by the same company as Pampers. I'd imagine they have a lot of the same things in them.

Nicole sorry about M's bum. I'd treat the rash and then change diapers. When the rash is clear try the Luvs again so you can see if it's the diapers or just some mystery butt rash.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I put him back in the Huggies tonight and we'll see what happens. I might try the Luvs again, I might now. I contacted Amazon and they are refunding me without making me return anything. Woohoo! (BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!) So, we'll see. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We use Luvs and use to use Pampers. DS leaked from huggies as a newborn and got a rash from them when we tried them when he was older. so it's def could be an allergic reaction. we used some baby powder (ointments weren' working) and it went away in a few days.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"