Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

tripp trapp: talk to me

let's assume you have no budget (or crazy generous parents) and you had the option of getting the tripp trapp highchair. would you? or would you think it's a huge waste? 

i love love love the look of it, but i'm having trouble with the price tag ($299 + $69 CAD for baby seat), even though i would use it for years.

anyone have one? yay or nay? 

link:

https://www.stokke.com/en-ca/highchair/tripp-trapp-product-concept.aspx 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: tripp trapp: talk to me

• Options

I think they are cool, but I am in love with these high chairs:

• Options
    I think those are cool, but not something I would get.  Its whatever works best for you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have 2 and LOVE them!!!!! For DS I originally bought the Chicco Polly and used it once ... He ate spaghetti and well there was just way too many places for food to hide.nso the next day I bought a Tripp Trapp and baby set. When I got pregnant again (so oon) with DD that was the jest thing I bought for her.

Pros:

Super easy to wipe clean, pulls up o the table so they can eat "with" us

Cons:

Straps on the baby set are white and get dingy (we don't use them), and they don't hold small babies up very well ... So DS was about 6 months and sitting on his own very well before we could use it with the baby set. Now with that being said we really didn't need it before that ,,, from 4-6 months we used the bumbo for feeding. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options

We have two (yay for crazy generous ILs) and I love them. Both of my girls started using it at 7-8 months and still use it at 5.5 and 3.5, which makes it so much better than some plastic thing they'll outgrow. In fact, for Thanksgiving we had the kids at their play table and converted the tripp trapps to the adult setting and used them for adults and it worked beautifully, so we'll be using them for years to come.

I didn't bother with any attachments for it, just got the basic chair. They had to be able to sit up well on their own, so until they reached that point I fed them on my lap or in the swing, which worked perfectly for the month or two (it wasn't long) and was well worth it to have a chair that grows with them and adults can use. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

thanks so much for the replies, everyone

i agree the bloom is nice, but i'm thinking i'll get one that grows with the kid. right now i'm between the tripp trapp and the guzzie & guss 215, which is basically the same but a little less cool (and way less money) 

• Options
    Where I live trip trap chairs come up on Craigslist all the time. Have you looked there? I was going to buy a trip trap, but changed my mind and bought an oxo sprout chair-- I found an almost new one on Craigslist. It turns into a toddler chair like the trip trap. It also has all the gear already included to feed a little one in it- tray and adjusts to seat our little 5 month old.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    We have a trip trap and love it for 12ish months plus (this is when we stopped using the baby set because DD could climb onto the chair alone). We didn't start solids until 6 months (as per the WHO's recommendations) so DD could sit in it fine but the issue I had was the nooks and crannies crated by the baby set while doing BLW. This new baby will go in our cheep IKEA high chair until they are a year old and then get the Trip Trap for a birthday present.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options
    imageamandaleigh1:
    Where I live trip trap chairs come up on Craigslist all the time. Have you looked there? I was going to buy a trip trap, but changed my mind and bought an oxo sprout chair I found an almost new one on Craigslist. It turns into a toddler chair like the trip trap. It also has all the gear already included to feed a little one in it tray and adjusts to seat our little 5 month old.

Not too many here and not discounted enough to feel good about getting it used and in a colour I don't prefer. I did find the baby set on craigslist though for half price! So thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied. I put one on hold yesterday. Way too excited over a highchair...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"