Philadelphia Babies

How do YOU meet other parents?

DD's daycare was asking if she spends time with other kids outside of school.  Unfortunately the answer is no.  All of our local friends either are childless or have older (preteen and up) children.  It got me to thinking again how to meet people.  I was horrible at meeting people when I was dating and I feel like this is very similar.  So, how do you meet other parents with kids your age?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do YOU meet other parents?

• I'm lucky that my job is just filled with mothers and children.  BUT, if that weren't the case, I'd look to local options like story time at the library, Gymboree, check for local Moms Groups.  MOPs groups are great resources it seems like.  I have a SAHM friend who found friends through websites like this and set up weekly meeting spots to walk with the babies once they were old enough.  She seemed to like that a lot.  Good luck!
  • We are actually wondering the same thing- it has been a crazy 6 months almost all of our friends especially the ones with LO's have moved and we are not talking out to the burbs so we have basically become friendless in this last 6 months and it stinks.  I joined a mom's group, but its still really tough I work part time so I can only go to playdates on Thursday and Friday and it seems like either other LO's are sick or my LO is sick and when I do plan to attend something we dont end up going or it gets cancelled.  It is very hard. I have also joined Nest so that LO has other little ones to play with because I can tell he misses the interaction that he had with his "friends".  Nest seems to be helping a little for LO atleast, but its weird some of the kids and moms there are not super social which I did not expect.  So let me know if you figure it out. Thanks!

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I've thought of looking for a playgroup of some sort, again.  The last time I did, it too was an utter fail.  I work full time and all of the groups in my area last year met during the week in the mid morning.  Maybe it's time to look again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"