Nurseries and Baby Gear

Young America - Starlight vs. PBK simply white or white ?

Hi Everyone,

We aleady have the bravo crib and all season's dresser by YA for my daughter's room and love the quality of their furniture.  Hers is in natural.  For our second daughter ( due date March 20th) we are looking at the Acclaim Crib in Starlight.  I went to see samples yesterday and was going back and forth between Starlight and French White.  As you all know the stores all use floruesent lighting so its so hard to truly tell.    I brought the cards home with the colors and am disappointed that the French White is really creamy/yellowish.  The salesman also said if I mix any white into the room it will look more yellow or dirty.  :(     I am worried that the Starlight is too white like white out.   Another thought was using the distressed technique that they offer. 

Does anyone have the Starlight color and if so what are your thoughts on the brightness?  Too bright or just right?   Or do you just love it.....  PBK also offers white and simply white options but I have not seen those shades yet in person. 

Thanks!

Robyn  

Re: Young America - Starlight vs. PBK simply white or white ?

• I don't know if this helps, but our dresser is Young America "starlight" and we got a side table that is pottery barn's white.  The PB table looks creamy next to the starlight, which irritates me, but I've been told people wouldn't notice unless I pointed it out.

That being said, I don't feel like the starlight is too bright at all.  Here's a pic in our nursery of the dresser, not sure if that helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you so much for your response. The dresser looks beautiful. We have a similar color on the walls too; Antiguan Sky!      Funny you mentioned the pottery barn white.  We bought a bookcase from them for my other daugther's room and its not as true a white as "starlight"    So I know what you mean.  It bothered me too at first now its not a big deal at all!  

• Loading the player...
  • We have the PBK white (there was no other white at the time)  Its slightly off white, but looks white in her room.  Not yellow at all.  Our wood trim is even creamier so I couldn't use a true white.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• For previous posters, when did you get your pbk stuff? Because they just retired their old white stuff which definitely had a more yellows look o it. Their new colors are simply white ( a white that is creamy but not yellowy) and white which is a stark white.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekac831:
    For previous posters, when did you get your pbk stuff? Because they just retired their old white stuff which definitely had a more yellows look o it. Their new colors are simply white ( a white that is creamy but not yellowy) and white which is a stark white.  

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We just got a Young America dresser and bookshelf in 'starlight' for our sons room.  It s a very clean bright white.  We have also have the Pottery Barn Kendall crib in the new 'simply white'.  They are not an exact match but very very close.  To me the starlight white is just a touch brighter white, but no one else would ever notice.  They really are very very close shades of white. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"