August 2011 Moms
Options

Bought the book

How to choose the sex of your baby by Dr. Shettles.

It's mainly about understanding your body and when you ovulate and planning to do the deed accordingly. Do you think it's unethical or immoral to try and set up favorable conditions to get the sex of the baby you are wanting?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Re: Bought the book

• Options

I didn't read the book, just what I found online. With DS, we DTD when conditions were supposed to be favorable for a boy. With LO2, I...er...tried to rig it for a girl. Don't know about that yet, though.

Unethical or immoral? Meh. You can't be 100% sure, and you can't have 100%control, so what's going to happen is going to happen. That's my take, anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I bought ovulation test strips to try to rig the next for a girl, I think we will start trying this month. 

As long as you are happy with a boy or girl and will love them the same, I see no harm.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lol, probably more pointless than immoral..having said that if I could rig it for a girl this time....

I think as long as whether your gender choice works out or not you love and care for your baby just the same then there is no harm.

\image  image

• Options
    I see nothing wrong with having a certain preference when it comes to the sex of your child, so definitely not unethical as far as I'm concerned. I'd be another story if you considered abortion because your baby was of the "wrong" sex, YKWIM?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    I see nothing wrong with having a certain preference when it comes to the sex of your child, so definitely not unethical as far as I'm concerned. I'd be another story if you considered abortion because your baby was of the "wrong" sex, YKWIM?

yup! 

Olivia June BFP 12/26/10 EDD 09/01/11 Birthday 08/02/11

BFP 12/25/12 EDD 09/06/13 M/C, 01/02/13

BFP 01/28/13 EDD 10/08/13 STICK BABY!

Pregnancy Ticker

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

• Options
    I bought and used that book for this pregnancy. We will see if it worked.
  • Options

imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

Yes.

• Options
    Immoral, no. Unlikely that it'll make your odds better than chance, yes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"