Maryland Babies

Reusable Food Pouches

I just purchased these pouches and got them in the mail last night.  I think I'm in love.  My first thought is they are easy to clean, easy to fill and the valve works just like the store bought.

I made a puree at lunch for them so Kieran will be the true tester tonight.

It's hard for me to get Kieran to eat a ton of veggies, so I usually resort to giving him a pouch a few times a week.  They get so pricey so I was excited when I saw these.  Semi pricey up front, but I know they will pay form themselves in the long run.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Reusable Food Pouches

• how do you clean them? and is there a way to tell that you got all food residue out?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow! We have the same problem and I was wondering if they made anything like this. I'm excited to see how this goes for you I am also curious about the ability to clean them.
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHey Miss Fitz:
    how do you clean them? and is there a way to tell that you got all food residue out?

I was wondering the same thing. 

• Please, please let us know how he liked them and how easy they were to clean. DD goes through a ton of these and I'd like to have some refillables to keep at home. (We send the disposable ones to daycare for her snack bin)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • They are super easy to clean, we cleaned before we used them.  The top opens up and you can rinse and soak in soapy water, use a bottle brush if you really needed, and since the valve is similar to the store bought you can just run soapy water through the valve.  It isn't spill proof, but the pouches aren't either.  As long as the consistency of what you put in isn't too liquid it stays in fine. 

I had him try last night and he took it fine although made a funny face, he may not have liked my "recipe."  I sent one to school with him today to see if he'll eat it.  I may need to tweak the recipe since I did a veggie recipe and the consistency isn't exactly the same since I didn't strain the pea skins and I put spinach in it too.  

• I seriously need these. we spend a small fortune on pouches because B loves them so much. thank you.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrs. remy:
    I seriously need these. we spend a small fortune on pouches because B loves them so much. thank you.

Yes Us too. DS loves "pow"s.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • imageSarahKate31:

imagemrs. remy:
    I seriously need these. we spend a small fortune on pouches because B loves them so much. thank you.

Yes Us too. DS loves "pow"s.

No problem ladies, just sharing the love of a new wonderful product!

• Thank you so much! I'm going to try these out. Pouches are the only way I can sometimes get her to eat veggies.
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've used Little Green Pouches and Squooshis and my son really likes the characters on the Squooshi pouches. They make getting the veggies in him all that easier.
    www.squooshi.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"