February 2012 Moms
Options

How much meat per day? (Okay, I'm a PW today).

How many ounces of meat per day is your LO eating?  Or, if it's easier (you're doing mostly finger foods) - how many meals per day is you LO eating some sort of meat?  She still prefers purees for lunch, so she gets 1-2 then, but then I don't always offer meat at supper. Sometimes it's an avocado to make up the protein... but every time I feed her I wonder how other LO's her age are doing.  Thanks! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much meat per day? (Okay, I'm a PW today).

• Options

DD gets meat or non-dairy protein once or twice a day. Lunch is usually leftovers from the night before. She also eats yogurt for snack, so there's another protein.

The girl is a carnivore, though, and flipping loves meat. She goes BSC for meatballs. 

• Options
    Lauren usually only gets meat at dinner. She loves ground turkey! Yesterday she had some pulled chicken that she loved too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My DD eats meat for dinner most nights. She absolutely LOVES meat and would probably eat it all the time, but I am trying to get her more into fruits and vegetables, so I reserve meat for just dinner.

That's how I typically eat, so I figured that seemed appropriate.  She gets yogurt for breakfast most days, lunch is a sandwich with hummus or jelly or pumpkin butter or something and then dinner is whatever we are eating, which usually has chicken in it.  Fruits are usually offered as snacks with crackers and then both lunch and dinner have some sort of veggie with them usually. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSept07b2b:

My DD eats meat for dinner most nights. She absolutely LOVES meat and would probably eat it all the time, but I am trying to get her more into fruits and vegetables, so I reserve meat for just dinner.

That's how I typically eat, so I figured that seemed appropriate.  She gets yogurt for breakfast most days, lunch is a sandwich with hummus or jelly or pumpkin butter or something and then dinner is whatever we are eating, which usually has chicken in it.  Fruits are usually offered as snacks with crackers and then both lunch and dinner have some sort of veggie with them usually. 

What do you mean sandwich?  I"m picturing your DD holding a PB&J, but I'm guessing that's not what happens. 

Bonus question - is your LO eating bread products?  How?
  • Options
    Ethan gets meat at lunch and at dinner.  Dinner is whatever we are having and lunch varies - he's at daycare.  Sometimes they have turkey/cheese sandwiches, other days it's meatballs, varies.  I'm not sure as far as actual amounts - last night he had half a piece of lasagna. 
  • Options
    imageCotterpinDoozer:
    imageSept07b2b:

What do you mean sandwich?  I"m picturing your DD holding a PB&J, but I'm guessing that's not what happens. 

Haha!  Basically I take a piece of bread, put the hummus/jelly/pumpkin butter on one side of the bread, fold the piece in half, so it makes a half sandwich.  Then I cut it into little squares (like 1 x1 inch).  She can then pick up the little squares herself and eat them.  She HATES the feel of any sort of spread, so I figured out that if the sandwich has a top to it, she doesn't have to touch the filling at all.  I was a little skeptical at first, but she LOVES this now, and you can put all sorts of things as the spread on the sandwich. 

• Options
    Some days no meat, usually at least an ounce of something like greek yogurt or beans if no meat though. So no more than 1 or 2 ounces of a protein source a day. She only eats around 9oz of solids total in a day though.
  • Options

Just a heads up - avocado doesn't have a lot of protein. Beans would be a good veggie source, though. L loves them. She also likes ham and might get that 2x/day, depending on whether we have it in the house. Some days she just eats cheerios, though. 

And yes, L eats bread. She has loved bread since we first introduced solids at 6 months. We usually just give her a big hunk and she goes to town on it.

Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options

I'd say Ian gets meat/protein for all 3 meals.  He LOVES meat though and will pick it out of whatever his meal is. 

ETA: regarding a PB&J sandwich, Ian loves them!  I just make a half a sandwich, like already described above, and just cut it up and he chows down!

• Options

Lucia usually eats meat (or beans or peanut butter) at lunch and at dinner.  We often eat leftovers for lunch, so that's just the way it works out.  

She also eats bread.  I used to give her long strips, but now she shoves the whole strip into her mouth, so I cut it into bites.  She had garlic bread with our soup the other day.  In the mornings I usually give her yogurt, but if I would rather she feed herself I give her toast, usually with applesauce or a fruit puree spread on it.  

For PB and J I just cut it into bites like everything else.   

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options

DS has a grain a veggie a fruit and a protein at each major meal.

Breakfast: Yogurt (always)

Lunch: Either grilled cheese, a scrambled egg (Yes, we did early introduction), or a meat

dinner: Meat (whatever we eat)

• Options
    imageCotterpinDoozer:
    imageSept07b2b:

That's how it happens at our house. Lol if I give DS a piece of toast with his blueberry jam on it, I fold it in two like a sanwich because otherwise we're taking a whole lotta blueberry out of a whole lotta places that should be blueberryless, if ya know what I mean. Less messy that way.

DS eats a grain at every meal. Pancake at breakfast, we just cut it into strips and hand it to him. Sandwich at lunch usually or toast with an egg. Again, we just hang it to him. And then at dinner he has either pasta rice or dinner roll (always whole wheat)

• Options

Skyler definitely doesn't have meat every day and probably not even every other day.  When she does eat it, it's usually for dinner.  I only feed her chicken and turkey and if I don't have any available she doesn't eat any.

She eats lots of greek yogurt, cheese, beans, and lentils though.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"