Preemies

PSA- Rock and Play recall

FYI

https://todayhealth.today.com/_news/2013/01/08/16414618-fisher-price-recalls-800000-baby-sleepers-for-possible-mold

This is a VOLUNTARY recall. This is the email I received:

Fisher-Price?, in cooperation with the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, is voluntarily announcing a recall to inspect Fisher-Price Newborn Rock ?n Play Sleepers?. Mold can develop between the removable seat cushion and the hard plastic frame of the sleeper when it remains wet/moist or is infrequently cleaned.  

Mold is not present at the time of purchase, but mold can grow after use of the product.  Newborn Rock ?n Play Sleepers? currently in retail stores are not affected by this recall to inspect. 

Since our records indicate that you own one or more of these Newborn Rock ?n Play Sleepers?, we are contacting you directly as a courtesy.

The sleeper is designed for babies up to 25 pounds and is composed of a metal rocking frame and removable, washable fabric cover. The product is sold in various patterns and color palettes

If mold growth is discovered, you can click here for cleaning instructions.  

You can also contact Fisher-Price at 1-800-432-5437 Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 AM and 6 PM Eastern Time.
Sincerely,

Fisher-Price, Inc.
David Kosnoff
Vice President, Product Quality & Regulatory Compliance

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: PSA- Rock and Play recall

• Honestly, this is one of the dumbest recalls I have heard of.  If you don't clean it, it will grow mold?  Will they recall my shower next?

Thanks for posting, though.  I'm just ornery.  ;-) 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I think a lot of the recalls are due to people being dumb. Like the bumbo recall. Don't put your baby in it on a countertop and walk away. Duh!!!!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagePhillyGal34:
    I think a lot of the recalls are due to people being dumb. Like the bumbo recall. Don't put your baby in it on a countertop and walk away. Duh!!!!

Yes!  Even though IT SAYS NOT TO DO IT.  Same thing with the Nap Nanny recall a few years ago.   People are morons and then blame it on the product.  

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagesucrets4:

Honestly, this is one of the dumbest recalls I have heard of.  If you don't clean it, it will grow mold?  Will they recall my shower next?

Thanks for posting, though.  I'm just ornery.  ;-) 

I totally agree.  First of all,  how is it even getting wet in the first place?  Mine is dry...and mold free.  Just sayin'

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"