December 2010 Moms
Options

speech aw

I made Nate an appt with EI next week for speech.  However, DH and I were home with him for the past two weeks for xmas vacation and what do you know?!  He picked up probably fourty new words in two weeks and a few two/three word phrases!!  Now I feel like maybe it's not necessary to have him evaluated (although I still will).  I feel bad that he's at daycare all day because maybe that's where the issue stems from - I wonder if they speak to him at all?!  His teacher was shocked today.  She said today was the first time he's ever spoken at daycare.  When I got there to pick him up he brought me a fun toy they have and said "can play with this".  !!!   So, I guess I'm excited my kid has decided to speak.  :)  Hopefully he won't regress.

On another related note, we close on our pretty new house on the 28th!  I'm so excited!  Maybe I can actually get a nursery together before this baby comes too.  Nate will start a new daycare in our new town also.  I spent a few days last week visiting daycares and trying to decide on one.  The one we picked is more expensive (sigh and eek!), but they have FOUR teachers to 12 kids in the two year old room!  Right now I think the ratio is 1:8 at his current school, so maybe he'll get more attention at the new school.  They also have a gymnasium where the kids are allowed to go run for two 30 min periods a day, with balls and cones and mats and whatnot.  N will love that!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: speech aw

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"