December 2010 Moms
Options

By bye kitty :

We had to take our cat to the emergency vet on Saturday for a urinary obstruction. Turns out its worse than we thought and we can't afford to continue the care he needs. We made the decision tonight to put him down.

Has anyone had any experience with pet loss and your kiddos? How did you handle it?

Re: By bye kitty :

• Options
    Aw, I'm sorry for your loss. I don't have any advice, just condolences.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry : , such a difficult decision.

My dog passed in early October unexpectedly. She was getting "older" and we knew it was a matter of time but she hadn't been sick and was still happy and able to manage our 2 story house up to the day she died. It kinda caught us by surprise, J was only 2 weeks old so we were also in sleep deprived mode. A didnt really seem to notice much, didnt ask about her since we have 2 the other dog became the brunt if his attention. We do have a little grave in our backyard that A asks "whats that" so we tell him in simple terms. i still dont think he really gets it but she loved him. im glad i have pictures of the 2 of them for when he asks me when hes older since he wont remember her.

I was a bawling mess for about a week. I still miss her a lot we had been through a lot together college, first job, 6 places to live we moved a lot during college, a couple boyfriends a husband and 2 kids.

Big hugs! It's always hard saying goodbye to a furbaby they were our first kiddos.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had to say goodbye to our cat last Thursday. He was a few months shy of 20, and had become very feeble. We decided to tell Grace that he moved to Florida with our friends, where it's warm all the time. He lived in front of the heat vent at the end. We went this route because of other kiddos that come over, of varying young ages. I don't want to be the one to spur a death discussion with other children. G still is asking about the cat, and doesn't really understand where he went, just that he doesn't live with us anymore. I think at age 2 it's just too young to explain this stuff in any detail. I'm sorry about your cat. It's not easy to lose a furry companion.

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  I'm no help but it's hard to lose a friend.  :-(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry =(
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty.  They really do find a way to sneak right into your heart.  My cat is getting up there in years (she'll be 15 in June).   I also wonder how we'll address it with DS when the time comes.  I do like the idea of kitty moving to Florida (or Hawaii!) as pp suggested....might have to use that myself.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am so very sorry =(

• Options
    Thanks for all your kind words. He was a pretty young cat so this was a crazy hard decision to make. Add to it that DH isn't 100 positive we made the right choice and its a tough one. The reality is that he wouldn't get better and we couldn't afford his care without going into debt. E hasn't even mentioned he's gone so I'm not really addressing it.
  • Options
    Crying  I'm so sorry, it always sucks to lose a pet, especially when it is sudden and unexpected.  And I'm sure you made the best decision for your family and for your pet, I know if our cat got sick and we were in the same situation we would have to make the same decision and would be heartbroken.  GL.  And I agree with PP, at this age I think that it is OK to just say that kitty went away and can't come back.
    image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Options
    I am so sorry. No advice, but lots of T&P for you. Two of my "pack" are seniors too, and I dread having to have that talk someday with DS.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  It's hard to say goodbye to one you love.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"