December 2010 Moms
Options

Why hello strangers

It's been a long crazy break.  I tried to drop in and lurk now and then, but even with that I've missed you all.

My family is all home, my grandmother is still alive (but on palliative care), my son is now 2, my job is now sucky, my friends are still fabulous, my Christmas tree is down, my other Christmas decorations are still up, and overall my life is still good.

How are you?

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.

Re: Why hello strangers

• Options
    Hello! We are hanging in here.  Good dr's appt, the housekeeper comes tomorrow, I got my state disability check (well, actually debit card), peanut tolerance test on Thursday and we are all not sick anymore. So I think we are good here! Sorry to hear that your job sucks now though! What happened?
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    Hi again! You haven't missed too much around here. I think everyone's sick!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep, I was on about the same break.  Sorry about your grandmother and job, yay on everything else.

C just got over being sick, sick, hurt, sick in pretty much that order over the past month, I'm back to work, tree's still up, most of the other decorations down. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry about your grandma. My grandmas 99 next week and my mom had to take her to the ER last week. Shes ok now but as terrible as it is to say, I feel like I'm preparing myself for that phone call=(.

All else is ok in my house. We made it through the newborn stage. On to the next stage!
  • Options

Welcome back. Thoughts & prayers for your grandmother.

Our tree is undecorated, but still up! We were supposed to take it down & outside (live tree) tonight, but apparently we forgot since I am just realizing it now, lol. 

• Options
    We are looking forward to spring.  In the last 2 weeks, G has had HFM and now croup.  Yuck!  Looking forward to vacation in a month or so.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options

Hi there! Sorry about your grandmother and your sucky job :(

*** is starting to get real over here as I'll be full term in a few days. Yikes! I'm not ready for baby #2.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Hey there! T&P for your grandma and hope your job gets better soon.

Me and my crew are doing pretty good. We thoroughly enjoyed the long weekends over the holiday, but I think we're all struggling now to get back into our regular routine. Everyone's sleep schedule has been kind of messed up, and we're still trying to get back into running daily and cooking more (and being productive at work! LOL!). I'm hoping after this week we'll be back into our routine again. I have so much I want to accomplish this year, it is exciting but also stressful!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the well-wishes for my Grandmother.  She went into the hospital right before Christmas and for a while we didn't think she'd make it to the new year.  She's back at home and on palliative care.  She's not going to recover, but right now she's cognizant and comfortable and that's what's important.  She'll be 93 this month so she's had a long life.

As for my job, I got an email the other day from my manager informing me that I've been volunteered to work on our city's annual homeless count from 5:30pm-11:30pm for two weeknights this month.  All it said was, "make yourself available."  Nothing about if it would work with my schedule or anything.  It was awesome and pretty much the last straw for me.

Healthy vibes sent to all the sickies.  I hope everyone recovers quickly!

jilly - more peanut tolerance testing?  Do the docs think that A is outgrowing his allergy?  or is it testing to see if B has an allergy?

lrn - funny that your decoration status is the opposite of mine.

babycakes - sorry to hear about your grandmother, but glad to hear she's okay.  Living to 99 is amazing!  It is good to prepare yourself for the call though, when they get that old. And how did B get to 5 months?!?!  Where the heck did the time go?

bosha - so glad my post helped you remember about your tree, lol.

cheeckers - HFM and croup?  Yuck!  At least you got all your sickness over before the vacation.  Where are you guys going?

tiffany - I can't believe you're almost full term either.  How's A taking it?  Does she realize what's about to happen?

grayghost - the holidays are so fun, but I hear you about wanting to be back on a routine.  I never thought I was a routine person, but with a kid I've found routines make life happier for everyone in the family.

• Options
    @kj: Actually they believe A outgrew his allergy! I'm so excited and nervous about it...I definitely want to be less worried about the peanut allergy.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options

imagejillybean800:
    @kj: Actually they believe A outgrew his allergy! I'm so excited and nervous about it...I definitely want to be less worried about the peanut allergy.

That would be awesome Jilly!  Fingers crossed over here that the testing goes your way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"