April 2011 Moms
Options

Moms with scheduled c section

Hi ladies, I posted this on my new month board but would appreciate any input my 'home board' has to give :

https://m.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/71082324.aspx

Re: Moms with scheduled c section

• Options

3 days before due date seems a bit close...i wonder if your OB is trying to see if you can do a VBAC in case you go early and if not then at least you have the end point. i told my OB i would not want to attempt a vbac so we will just do a csection regardless if i go early or not. 

i'd talk to her again and make sure she knows what you're truly feeling.

my scheduled is  a week prior to my due date 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't scheduled mine yet, but my OB and I talked about the dates she would like to do it.  We're planning on 1-3 days before my due date.  My situation is much different than yours though.  My first c section was not an emergency, merely that I was induced for going past my due date, they had to break my water 4 times and then after 19 hours and 2.5 hours of pushing, they realized my birth canal was too narrow and she couldn't fit out.  No distress or anything, it just wasn't going to happen.  She did say though that if the baby is measuring pretty big (I'm very short, with serious back problems) that she would schedule it earlier.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    image2u2wow:

3 days before due date seems a bit close...i wonder if your OB is trying to see if you can do a VBAC in case you go early and if not then at least you have the end point. i told my OB i would not want to attempt a vbac so we will just do a csection regardless if i go early or not. 

i'd talk to her again and make sure she knows what you're truly feeling.

my scheduled is  a week prior to my due date 

This.  With DS#2 I discussed attempting a VBAC with my OB and our plan of action was to schedule the c section on my due date in order to give the baby a chance to come on his own.  That reasoning is probably why yours isn't scheduled until 3 days before.  FWIW, I ended up scheduling my repeat c/s 6 days before my due date because it was determined the baby was too big (9 lbs. 2 oz.)  My OB wouldn't schedule it any sooner than a week prior.

Big Boy N - 2009
    Little Man Z - 2011
    Baby Girl E - 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"