August 2013 Moms
Options

~*~*~*PGAL Check in~*~*~

2»

Re: ~*~*~*PGAL Check in~*~*~

• Options
    Just hanging in there...Appointment on Thursday - January 10th - hoping to see a little heartbeat...I have great moments where I'm excited and want to scream from the mountain tops, and other moments where I'm scared to death.  Symptoms are still there in full swing so I'm hoping for the best...

"Even miracles take a little time." Cinderella

BFP #1: 07.13.2012, EDD 03.06.2013, 1st U/S 08.02.2012 - no heart beat, D&C 08.02.2012 *Squirrel*

BFP #2: 12.09.2012, EDD 08.21.2013, 1st U/S 01.29.13 - no heart beat, D&C 01.29.2013 "Caterpillar"
  • Options
    imageQbertsWife:
    imagecsavery:
    imageKtbug613:

imagecsavery:
    Hey ladies!  I still haven't made my first appointment, I'm really hesitant.With my miscarriage in June I had just had my first appointment and even an ultrasound while I was bleeding-"everything looked great" they said. Then two days later I had my miscarriage. I know I should just make it but I just can't bring myself to do it. Every time I go to the restroom I expect to see blood.

How far along are you? I know its scary but you really should schedule your appointment soon! Having those initial blood tests can be very important to a healthy pregnancy. 

I'm really not sure, the first day of my last period was Nov. 1st, but I was then on BC for two weeks and bled constantly so I went off it. Then tested positive a week and a half ago. I realize it's not smart but I am paralized at this point by fear

I understand the fear. My 4th pregnancy was back in July and I didn't even call the Dr because I was so sure I'd miscarry. I did miscarry at 5 1/2 weeks, but then when I went to my OB for this pregnancy, I had to explain how I had a pregnancy back in July that they had no record of. It was just crappy. I should have called, but I just couldn't.

But I see that you have made an appt for a few weeks from now so I hope time flies between now and then (I know how it can drag!) and you will get good news then!!

Thanks, I hope it goes by fast, I just want to get through it at this point and find out exactly how far along I am. It really is amazing how a loss affects you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAmeliaKris:
    Hi all. This is a tough week for me. I'm coming up on nine weeks which is when my last LO stopped growing. Its really screwing with my head cuz this is when symptoms also tend to ease which I'm seeing a little of so its a double mind fluck. In 2 weeks I get another us mainly for reassurance. I hope to see a moving baby. Gonna be the LONGEST 2 weeks of my life...

The whole of 1st tri is pretty brutal in terms of anxiety and paranoia. And the time seems to CRAWL. ::huge hugs::

BFP#1: 01/20/10 -- M/C 6w BFP#2: 06/22/10 -- M/C 5w BFP#3: 09/27/10 -- DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12/12 -- M/C 5w3d BFP#5: 12/06/12 -- EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageAmeliaKris:
    Hi all. This is a tough week for me. I'm coming up on nine weeks which is when my last LO stopped growing. Its really screwing with my head cuz this is when symptoms also tend to ease which I'm seeing a little of so its a double mind fluck. In 2 weeks I get another us mainly for reassurance. I hope to see a moving baby. Gonna be the LONGEST 2 weeks of my life...

I remember you from the m/c board when I was there in September. I'm praying that these next two weeks fly by for you! Hope you get a little nausea to ease your mind. Wink

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Options
    imageFayga:
    Thanks for the Check in Ktbug!!nbsp; And I just realized that we share EDD!nbsp; I dont have another appointment till the 15th and it's just the OBI one were they take info at.nbsp; Silly I think since I just did that less then a year ago...but oh well...I have been debating whether or not to get a Doppler.nbsp; I wanted one with my last PG but never got one.nbsp; But I just wonder if that would be extra stress on me if I had one.nbsp; And if, God forbid, I don't find the babe's HB there is nothing I can do anyway...nbsp; I don't know...nbsp;
    yay for August 18!!! I'm having the exact same internal debate over the doppler....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageCosmicLove:
    Glad to see everyone still in here! Thanks for doing this KTbug.
    I had an appointment this morning and go to see the little heartbeat. 166 at 10w, 4d. Starting to breathe a little easier now. Nausea is easing off a bit, but fatigue is still kicking my bum. I'm having trouble sleeping at night and am thinking about taking Unisom. We'll see. Hope everyone has a great week!

This gives me hope that nausea will one day be gone! Glad to hear your appt went well.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I wasn't at all nervous until we saw a HB last Monday. Since then I've been super on edge feeling like the end is near - or maybe that I now actually have something to lose (does that make sense?). I know, as many of us do, that a heartbeat really doesn't mean too much, and I'm having a hard time dealing with the chance of it stopping, especially since I seem to have very few mild pg symptoms (which is just like the pg that went to 12w). I don't feel so lucky being a "luck one"... All of this combined with the fact that I'm on so many meds to try and make this baby stick around, but the knowledge that the progesterone dosage I'm on would prevent any miscarriage signs.   Basically, i thought I was handling this all really well, until I realized how scared I really am. I'm trying to just forget that I'm even pg to get through the day. 

I have an my first OB appointment tomorrow evening with a new practice. I have a feeling they aren't planning on giving me an u/s, but I plan on staging a sit-in if they don't.  

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Options
    imageKtbug613:
    imageedenrivers:
    I think we call it the "all-day hangover." Ugh. Yesterday I couldn't do much of anything besides drink ginger ale and eat saltines.

"all day hangover" def made me giggle 

Yes!  

I've been exhausted and managed to unpack ONE suitcase last night by sheer force of will!  It was ridiculous. 

Tomorrow is my first appointment with the OB.  They are going to do a viability u/s, I am sort of excited and dreading it at the same time.  I had an u/s at 5w3d because of spotting and cramping, and I saw then that the pregnancy is where it should be.  I just hope it's progressing the way it should.  

I am now more pregnant than last time, so that's great.  I guess my biggest fear is a missed m/c.  I'm trying to think about getting through this month, and then I'll be through first tri! 

imagekatharine25:

I wasn't at all nervous until we saw a HB last Monday. Since then I've been super on edge feeling like the end is near - or maybe that I now actually have something to lose (does that make sense?). I know, as many of us do, that a heartbeat really doesn't mean too much, and I'm having a hard time dealing with the chance of it stopping, especially since I seem to have very few mild pg symptoms (which is just like the pg that went to 12w). I don't feel so lucky being a "luck one"... All of this combined with the fact that I'm on so many meds to try and make this baby stick around, but the knowledge that the progesterone dosage I'm on would prevent any miscarriage signs.   Basically, i thought I was handling this all really well, until I realized how scared I really am. I'm trying to just forget that I'm even pg to get through the day. 

I have an my first OB appointment tomorrow evening with a new practice. I have a feeling they aren't planning on giving me an u/s, but I plan on staging a sit-in if they don't.  

Katharine, I hope you get your u/s tomorrow! 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    imagedarjeeling:
    imageKtbug613:
    imageedenrivers:
    I think we call it the "all-day hangover." Ugh. Yesterday I couldn't do much of anything besides drink ginger ale and eat saltines.

Yes!  

I've been exhausted and managed to unpack ONE suitcase last night by sheer force of will!  It was ridiculous. 

Tomorrow is my first appointment with the OB.  They are going to do a viability u/s, I am sort of excited and dreading it at the same time.  I had an u/s at 5w3d because of spotting and cramping, and I saw then that the pregnancy is where it should be.  I just hope it's progressing the way it should.  

I am now more pregnant than last time, so that's great.  I guess my biggest fear is a missed m/c.  I'm trying to think about getting through this month, and then I'll be through first tri! 

Oh ladies, this  makes me feel so much better. :) Today I've managed to stay upright and work and remove three Christmas wreaths and return them to their rightful storage places.

Good luck on your appointment tomorrow, darjeeling!

BFP 8/12/12 m/c 8/19/12 BFP 12/1/12 EDD 8/11/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for the support ladies. Katherine I hope you get to see ur baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Csavery, I know what you mean about expecting blood every time I go to the bathroom. It is like my heart skips a beat just for that one moment. I'm having my first appt and hopefully an u/s this Wednesday. I'm ready to start enjoying this pregnancy more! I never made it to my first appt last time. It is really nice of my dr to let me in at 6 1/2 weeks instead of making me wait til 8 weeks again. That would just be torture! Speaking of torture lol, I started to have morning sickness today. Funny how symptoms are so comforting.
    Feeling like a big bloated hormonal whale of a tale. It's awesome.
  • Options
    I just wanted to update that my ultrasound today went great! Measuring right on track at 7 weeks and 6 days with a HB of 158. So glad my feeling was wrong! Guess it was just PGAL brain. 

My Ovulation Chart

BFP #1 3.16.12. mmc 5.7.12 at 11 weeks ~Avery Cameron~

BFP #2 12.12.12. mmc 1.22.13 at 10 weeks ~Theodore Michael~

D&C #2 Chromosome analysis results: Translocation Trisomy 14

My RPL Testing: Homozygous MTHFR, normal karyotype

DH's karyotype results: Robertsonian Translocation 13:14

BFP #3 9.10.13 mc at 4 weeks~Our little May Flower~ 

BFP #4 10.13.13- Our Rainbow Baby, a little girl, arrived June 25, 2014! 

• Options
    imagekatharine25:

I totally agree....I barely have any symptoms and it just makes me that much more worried! I hate it when people say to consider myself lucky. I'm sorry you're getting more and more worried though. I hope you get to see your baby again tomorrow! 

My Ovulation Chart

BFP #1 3.16.12. mmc 5.7.12 at 11 weeks ~Avery Cameron~

BFP #2 12.12.12. mmc 1.22.13 at 10 weeks ~Theodore Michael~

D&C #2 Chromosome analysis results: Translocation Trisomy 14

My RPL Testing: Homozygous MTHFR, normal karyotype

DH's karyotype results: Robertsonian Translocation 13:14

BFP #3 9.10.13 mc at 4 weeks~Our little May Flower~ 

BFP #4 10.13.13- Our Rainbow Baby, a little girl, arrived June 25, 2014! 

• Options
    Oh hooray, SA1112! Congrats! For what it is worth, I have been absolutely convinced before every single ultrasound that I'm going to find out that I have miscarried. PgAL really sucks sometimes!
    BFP #1 and m/c on 10/24/2010 ~6wks
    BFP #2 07/12/2012 (EDD 03/23/13); m/c 07/28/12
    BFP #3 12/05/2012 (EDD 08/19/2013); baby girl born 08/09!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imagekatharine25:

I hope you get that ultrasound! I know its hard but "your past does not dictate your future" so much FX, glue, and all things sticky thrown your way as well as some ((HUGS))!
  • Options

imageSA1112:
    I just wanted to update that my ultrasound today went great! Measuring right on track at 7 weeks and 6 days with a HB of 158. So glad my feeling was wrong! Guess it was just PGAL brain. 

YAY!! 

• Options
    My next appt is in ten days and I feel like I can't rest easy until then. Baby measured behind at my first appt and I havent gained any weight or started showing so it really has me concerned. I hate not knowing what's going on in there! I'm debating renting a doppler to give me some comfort in between visits.
  • Options

woo hoo! Sorry, I'm on sporadically during the week and this is my first PgAL check-in on here :)

We saw a beautiful HB of 158 bpm at our u/s on 12/31 and everything looks great so far! I haven't managed to put a ticker up yet but I'm 8w1d so still early. I have my first OB appointment on the 14th, it's my first time seeing this doc for an OB visit so I'm not sure what to expect. I know from others that he usually only does a 20wk u/s but I'm kinda hoping for at least one early u/s with him just to reassure me everything's going well but if not, it's nbd. 

ETA: I will add after reading others' posts that I am also having serious food aversions and a queasy belly. My boobs have also gone up a cup size and hurt soooo bad. I hate wearing bras but can't live without them right now. The girls miss their freedom Stick out tongue

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    imageedenrivers:
    imagedarjeeling:
    imageKtbug613:
    imageedenrivers:

Yes!  

Oh ladies, this  makes me feel so much better. :) Today I've managed to stay upright and work and remove three Christmas wreaths and return them to their rightful storage places.

Good luck on your appointment tomorrow, darjeeling!

Thanks, Eden!   GL with the rest of your decorations!  :)

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I also missed last weeks check in. I tried to keep an eye out for it but still missed it. Since my last check in I have had two ultrasounds. 1st ultrasound baby had a heartbeat of 120. 2nd ultrasound baby had a heartbeat of 165. Those were both huge milestones for us since we didn't get that far with our 1st pregnancy. DH was saying I was being very emo about this pregnancy so I've been trying to be more optomistic. My next appointment is Friday the 18th when I'll be 9w4d. We are slowly starting to tell close friends and family who knew about our loss. We figure if something happens this time, we will need their support even more than the last time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJamieLWM:
    I also missed last weeks check in. I tried to keep an eye out for it but still missed it. Since my last check in I have had two ultrasounds. 1st ultrasound baby had a heartbeat of 120. 2nd ultrasound baby had a heartbeat of 165.nbsp;Those were both huge milestones for us sincenbsp;we didn't get that far with ournbsp;1st pregnancy.nbsp;DHnbsp;was saying I was beingnbsp;very emo about this pregnancy so I've been trying to be more optomistic. Mynbsp;next appointment is Friday the 18thnbsp;when I'll be 9w4d. We are slowly starting to tellnbsp;close friends and family who knew about our loss. We figure if something happens this time, we willnbsp;need their support even more than the last time.
    yay for heartbeat! Congrats on great first appointments!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"