Maryland Babies
Options

Stroller and Car Seat Recs

Just beginning our research for Stollers and Car Seats and are hoping to get those bought this month or next to get ahead of the game on all the expenses. Which strollers and car seats do you love?

Ideally we'd love a car seat that will last as long as possible. Thanks everyone!

Re: Stroller and Car Seat Recs

• Options
    We have the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat and stroller (actually in the travel system). We bought it for our first DD and used it until she was 10 months old. We really liked the car seat because you can be used for smaller babies (4lbs-30lbs). And seeing that both my girls were small at birth and came home at or below 5lbs. With DD#1 we used the Chicco stroller until she was 18 months old (after that point she wanted to walk instead of ride). My almost 10 old is still using the keyfit 30 car seat at least in my hubby's car.

• Options

I wish that when we were having our first, that I thought about what would work when we had our second. We have the Chicco Keyfit too, which I love... but I opted not to go with the travel system. We have a Jeep All Terrain stroller for neighborhood walks (carseat fits into it) and a Maclaren that stays in the car for all other types of walks. When DS was an infant, we just used the snap 'n go.

Now that we're a few weeks out from LO #2, I did a lot of research on double strollers and I found that I liked the Britax B-Agile one the best. But, I also liked it the best because the way the Britax SAFE carseat fit into it compared to using a car seat adapter. So, I actually ended up buying a new infant seat (Britax) for my car (Daddy's car will have the Chicco Keyfit since mine is the family car). Had I known this, I would have bought the Britax SAFE from the start. I think I definitely would have looked at the Britax stroller options too (B-Agile and B-Ready).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto the Chicco Keyfit 30. That is a great infant seat. Realistically, you are likely to switch your infant into a convertible car seat before they hit the limits on the infant seat. We switched DS around 8 months old and at that time, he was about an inch shy of the height limit and well under the weight limit (he's still under the weight limit now!). The seat starts to get really heavy!

We also got the Chicco Cortina stroller. It's big because it's a travel system stroller, but it's not HUGE and its very maneuverable. We rarely used the stroller though. We got a light-weight umbrella stroller when DS was about a year old. Now that's what we use if we need a stroller.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    I know the Chicco is really popular, but we really liked the original Graco Snugride.  It's light and it *only* goes up to 22 lbs, but we had a little baby, and it was still getting too heavy to carry around before she reached the weight limit of the seat.  I have pre-existing back problems, and I was worried I was going to hurt myself.  She could still fit in it at 13 months, but we switched her to a convertible seat at 10 months.  We got a travel system and the stroller is a little clunky, but we still use the stroller at the mall, etc, but when she was little we used the snap n go.  It was great for quick trips. 
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We went with Aprica Moto travel system and really like it. I'm pretty short and not super strong so I wanted to make sure it was something I could handle myself without difficulty and for it to last for a while. We really enjoy it so far and haven't had any problems. One minor bump is that when we bought it, you couldn't purchase an extra car seat base, they weren't available at babies r us. But I just went to a different website and bought it online
    Ellia33_zps24161a44

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
  • Options
    imageSarahKate31:

Ditto the Chicco Keyfit 30. That is a great infant seat. Realistically, you are likely to switch your infant into a convertible car seat before they hit the limits on the infant seat. We switched DS around 8 months old and at that time, he was about an inch shy of the height limit and well under the weight limit (he's still under the weight limit now!). The seat starts to get really heavy!

We also got the Chicco Cortina stroller. It's big because it's a travel system stroller, but it's not HUGE and its very maneuverable. We rarely used the stroller though. We got a light-weight umbrella stroller when DS was about a year old. Now that's what we use if we need a stroller.

Everything Sarah said!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback and this gives me a good place to start among 1000's of options :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"