Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Lighting for late-night diaper changes?

For mobile users: Lighting for late-night diaper changes?

Our son will be sleeping in our room for the first six months or so. I know there will be dozens if not hundreds of midnight/2 AM/3 AM etc. diaper changes. I am looking for a lighting source (lamp, nightlight, clip-on lamp, whatever) that will be bright enough for me to see to change a diaper, but not so bright that it will wake/keep my husband up. (He will be directly across from the baby's dresser-top changing area.) What do you use? What do you recommend? Links would be super. Thanks!

Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.

Re: Lighting for late-night diaper changes?

• Options
    We bought those little round lights that you press and they turn on. Know what I mean? They came in a multi pack so we had them all over, by our bed, in the diaper caddy, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I don't know if this is very helpful for you, but our nursery is close to our master so I would just change DD in her room where we have a dimmer installed ( that way I didn't have to make the room super bright). Then I would bring her back to our room to go back to sleep. DH is a really light sleeper and since I was BFing anyways I would take her to the nursery as soon as she started crying so that I could feed and change her there.

I plan to do the same with this LO. 

Mr.&Mrs. Ash&Vic Est.1.21.2006 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

In the nursery we had a pole light so we could turn on just the top bulb and shoot it upward - enough light but not aimed right at us.

In our bedroom we left our side lamp on all night with a low watt LED bulb. The bulb is low enough that if you leave it on during the daytime, you can't even tell it is on. It was enough for me to see what I needed but we could sleep with it.

Eventually we left the hallway light on and that gave enough light to both rooms without being too bright.

• Options
    We have the Baby Crack machine (homedics sound spa or whatever) and I change his diaper by the light of that. I will use it when he is in the nursery too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I would install a dimmer if you can - they are about $10 and easy to DIY.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used a small clip on reading light. It was something mh had bought me a year earlier so I could read my kindle in bed without bothering him.  Worked perfect, I clipped it on the diaper basket and it was just enough for me to see, without turning on a lamp or overhead light that would wake dd too much. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I always use the flashlight app on my iphone when I needed a little light. 

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

https://www.target.com/p/circo-flower-led-nightlight/-/A-13485567#prodSlot=medium_1_4&term=led nightlight

I bought this for my daughter's room because she didn't like the dark. I love this thing. You could change a diaper by it but it's not super bright. Plus it comes with an adapter to plug in the wall to charge it . We are planning on getting another for new baby...also comes in different designs

Megan and Brandon ~October 10, 2009~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I want one of these.  I figure the kid can use it when he's older and going to the bathroom in the middle of the night, too.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e6cc/?cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=&CJID=2617611 

Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"