July 2011 Moms
Options

Disney!!!!!!

I'm planning a trip to Disney World at the end of the month and Im super excited!!! I know Dylan is young and won't remember it but Aidan's at the perfect age for it and we'll go back again in a few years.

Anyways, are there any tips that I should know. The last time I went to Disney was 1994!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Disney!!!!!!

• Options

I went to Disney Land for my brother's 7th birthday, so I was 3 1/2. I don't remember it, and my whole family said it was awful because the majority of the rides were too big for me, so I didn't really get to do much.
    The characters and things might be fun for your older one though.

I'd get your tickets and things online, or at a grocery store where they have cards and things, because it's usually a little cheaper, and you can get extras.
    Other than that, I don't really have any ideas.

• Options
    You'll have a blast. Take advantage of the mother's rooms where there are clean changing tables, microwaves, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aw, yay! No advice, but have a wonderful time! 
  • Options
    How fun!  DH has never been, so I am excited for our first trip to Disney (won't be until LO is older though).  Enjoy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm super excited. We weren't sure about going since Dylan is still too young, but Aidan is at the perfect age. I checked all the height requirements and he can go on pretty well everything. Even space mountain :) plus I said to DH Aidan's at the age still where if he sees Lightening the car he'll believe that's actually him :)

like I said, we'll go back when Dylan is bigger and if we have another LO. Dylan can actually go on quite a few rides too. 

• Options
    Your kids are close to my boys ages too. We're contemplating going soon too. You'll have to update when you get back. I want to go so bad. I haven't been since '98.  Like you, we plan on going back when the boys are older too. I feel like if you wait too long they miss out on all the little kid stuff.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We were going to go last year but Aidan was a bit too young and Dylan at an infant stage would be a little challenging with bottle feeding, etc. I think they're at a pretty good age. Aidan meets most height requirements and like I said, he'd still believe everything is real.
    I will definitely update :
  • Options
    We just took DD for the first time in December and she had a good time. Magic Kingdom is probably the best park for their age group. Animal Kingdom is cool too. DD really enjoyed the safari ride. I didn't think that Hollywood Studios was that great for smaller kids although they do have a really cool "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" park that your older son will probably enjoy. Epcot is great for adults...not so much for kids. We went to Epcot at night when DD was winding down and we just walked around and got a bunch of food from different countries. I recommend you take an umbrella or light weight stroller...especially if you are staying at a Disney resort since you'll have to close the stroller to get onto the bus to get to the parks. We live in Florida and I've been to Disney a million times so let me know if you have any questions.
    Mr.&Mrs. Ash&Vic Est.1.21.2006 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We just got bak from Disney. My son livened it. He especially liked meeting characters, it's a small world, and the main street electric light parade at magic kingdom. He got his first haircut at the barbershop on main street. They have a package where you get a certificate and mouse ears hat that has my first haircut embroidered on the back. My suggestion would be to make your dining reservations as soon as possible. Whenever I go I plan ahead and make reservations 180 ahead of time. Most restaurants get booked up and you cannot just go and put your name on a list. I am a pretty big Disney fan so let me know of you have any other questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"