VBAC
Options

Requested my post-op report, hoping for good news:)

I had a c-section January 2011 due to pre-e, it was not an emergency & am feeling very guilty about not questioning my OB more on this decision. I have a history of previous abdominal surgery, so my OB traced my previous vertical incision. I have since changed OBs and am unsure of the type of uterine incision. Hoping the operative report can shed some light on this & I can go to my new OB with ACOG recs and my post-op report to advocate for a c-section.

While I do want to attempt a VBAC, the planned RCS would be more "practical"- both our families have to fly in for the birth:) I still really grieve missing the birthing process and really don't want to think that I will never experience it. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image image image

Re: Requested my post-op report, hoping for good news:)

• Options
    Good Luck.  I hope your op report is complete.  Both our families had to fly in - so the RCS would have been more convenient.  But then we decided we were over the whole spectator birth thing.  So, most of the family came when we knew the baby would definitely be here. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCeci131:

I had a c-section January 2011 due to pre-e, it was not an emergency & am feeling very guilty about not questioning my OB more on this decision. I have a history of previous abdominal surgery, so my OB traced my previous vertical incision. I have since changed OBs and am unsure of the type of uterine incision. Hoping the operative report can shed some light on this & I can go to my new OB with ACOG recs and my post-op report to advocate for a c-section.

While I do want to attempt a VBAC, the planned RCS would be more "practical"- both our families have to fly in for the birth:) I still really grieve missing the birthing process and really don't want to think that I will never experience it. 

Was this a typo? Did you mean a VBAC?

I hope you have a horizontal uterine incision and an OB who supports you so you have a chance at a VBAC!

ETA: I apparently forgot half my brain when typing my response. I also wanted to say that in Germany, where I live, women with severe pre-e/HELLP are not induced. period. I asked the hospital's MFM at a consult I had during this pregnancy whether I could have an induction if I got HELLP again but we caught it earlier. He said that HELLP is considered a serious illness and women who are seriously ill are not induced. In addition, pre-e/HELLP babies are also usually in at least a little distress from placental insufficiency, and he said they don't think it's worth the risk to put them through the stress of labor. 

I know that many, many women on TB are induced with pre-e/HELLP, but I think there are also good arguments against it and don't think you should kick yourself in retrospect. You made the decision to trust your healthcare provider's advice and it got you and your LO through a dangerous situation safely. Would you have gotten through safely if you had insisted on an induction? The chances are good, yes, but there's no way to know for sure. A c/s isn't the end of the world even though I know exactly what you mean about missing out on the labor experience.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"