Orange County Babies

Looking for a OB-GYN at Hoag specializing in high risk twins

I am 5 months pregnant with twins and just moved to Orange County to be closer to my family.  Now I need to find a new OB-GYN that delivers at Hoag Hospital. 

I am pregnant with twins and am considered high risk.  My original doctors have also highly recommended c-section.  If anyone has a recommendation for a good doctor who specialized in high risk or twin pregnancies, please let me know.   I also tend to scar easily, so a doctor who is good with c-section scars would be much appreciated. 

Thank you all for you help. I really appreciate it.

~ Mom in Need of an OB

Re: Looking for a OB-GYN at Hoag specializing in high risk twins

• im not sure if he specializes in twins or high risk. but check out Dr. Jeffery Illeck in HB. Hes GREAT! i got an ultrasound at almost EVERY appt. His wife also happens to be one of the nurses there.

I delivered at HOAG in Sept. and had a wonderful experience

(Kate & Dave)) 4.26.08
    (N.J.O) 9.14.12

• Loved mine with my twins, Dr Nguyen or Sansone. Women's health center in Fountain Valley, they practice at Orange Coast Memorial but delivered me at Hoag, they have right there too.  They are the best!

• Loading the player...
  • imagekayohh:
    im not sure if he specializes in twins or high risk. but check out Dr. Jeffery Illeck in HB. Hes GREAT! i got an ultrasound at almost EVERY appt. His wife also happens to be one of the nurses there.
    I delivered at HOAG in Sept. and had a wonderful experience

I'll second this. Dr illeck delivered both my children six years apart and I recommend him to everyone.
  • I am a Labor and Delivery RN. I worked as an OB RN at Hoag for ten years. I just left there last October. I highly recommend Dr. Rhonda Flora. Also, she works with an excellent perinatology group at Hoag. You will see your OB and most likely you also will go to the perinatologist. Hoag does a lot of high risk. I left Hoag to start my own childbirth education business and now also work part time at another OC hospital, that does not do high risk. 

Dr. Illeck is also a great OBGYN that has privileges at Hoag as others have mentioned.  Good luck!! 

Kathy
  • I just delivered twins at Hoag on 1/20. My OB was right across from Hoag - Dr. Jennifer Lee with Newport Beach OBGYN. I was placed on hospital bed rest at Hoag for two months and all the doctors in that group that rounded on me were awesome. They work with the perinatologists at Magella - I saw Dr. Mills during my stay at Hoag and Dr. Galyean before I was placed on hospital bed rest. Both were wonderful. 

I had a few complications while being pregnant with twins - shortened cervix & 1cm dilated at 25 weeks, fluid in lungs after mag IV, severe edema, pre eclampsia (which ultimately got me delivered at 35 weeks 2 days by a rounding doctor since my doctor was away at a conference.) Dr. Agnew actually delivered me via c-section everything with the healing of the actual incision is great. He used derma bond and so I did not need staples, and it is healing nicely. 

My doctors did a great job getting me from barely viable at 25 weeks to 35 weeks and no NICU time for our two boys. I do credit the team of doctors that worked together from Newport Beach OBGYN and Magella.

Best of luck to you! 

imagePhotobucket

Married 09.9.11 (Me:31 and DH:31)
    Left Tubal Ligation in 2004
    1.2.12 BFP
    1.16.12 LAP due to Ectopic @ 7w, Right Tubal Ligation
    3.19.12 IVF #1 - Stims (Lupron + Gonal F + Luveris)
    3.29 ER - 6 snowbabies (ET postponed due to OHSS)
    FET 6/6 - transferred two 4AB snowbabies
    Beta #1 6/16 = 683, Beta #2 6/18 = 1703, Beta #3 6/20 = 4073, u/s #1 @ 5wks = TWINS!!, 7w u/s two heartbeats <3<3 TWIN BOYS<br>

***SAIFW & PAIFW***

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"