December 2013 Moms
Options

Seriously, tho, does it get better?

I tried to watch Dr. Who, but I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes of the first episode. There were living/possessed department store mannequins or something. I just couldn't do it. 

If I can make it through the first episode, how long will it take before I actually start to like it?

Did you not like it when you first started watching it? I'm trying to figure out whether this is a good investment of my time. 

"To me, you are perfect."

Re: Seriously, tho, does it get better?

• Options

Yes, it totally does. 

I didn't think I would like the series based on the first couple of episodes.  Then I got it. 

I started getting hooked with The Doctor Dances and by the time 10 showed up I was a hopeless fangirl. 

It's seriously the best show.  The continuity is amazing.  It seems like there is 0 retcon, which is refreshing. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMollusksWrangler:
    That season is one of the ones I like the least. If you're not into scifi and weird stuff like that though you may not enjoy it. I've told people to skip to the last two episodes of that season and then start the next one. There are some things that may be a little confusing but not much. You can always go back and watch it.

That's what I'm concerned about. I am not into scfi in the sense of aliens and spaceships and other galaxies and stuff (like Star Trek, Star Wars, BSG, etc.).

I don't mind "light" scifi including time travel or dystopia, but I want it to be "believable." The Hunger Games is about as scifi as I like to get, basically. 

• Options

I am not a fan of Christopher Eccleston or Rose so I have to force myself to watch those episodes.  I much prefer David Tennant and have caught a handful of his episodes on BBC but am in the process of watching from the Ninth Dr. on.  I do really like the series and think they get better.  

• Options
    imageKJmashup:

imageMollusksWrangler:
    That season is one of the ones I like the least. If you're not into scifi and weird stuff like that though you may not enjoy it. I've told people to skip to the last two episodes of that season and then start the next one. There are some things that may be a little confusing but not much. You can always go back and watch it.

That's what I'm concerned about. I am not into scfi in the sense of aliens and spaceships and other galaxies and stuff (like Star Trek, Star Wars, BSG, etc.).

I don't mind "light" scifi including time travel or dystopia, but I want it to be "believable." The Hunger Games is about as scifi as I like to get, basically. 

Although there are a lot of aliens and stuff, it's not just about aliens and stuff.  There is a lot of political/social commentary involved. 

It slaps you in the face a couple of times (The end of The Christmas Invasion in the interaction between 11 and Harriet Jones, in The Planet of the Ood  in a conversation between 11 and Donna Noble) but it's usually so subtle that you don't even realize it's there until the end. 

There's also a lot of interpersonal stuff going on that will rip your heart out. 

It's not just aliens and stuff.

:)

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    Hmm. Skeptical KJ will have to try it again, ignoring the fact that "The Planet of the Ood" sounds like... I don't know.

• Options

You will love the Ood. 

Trust. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options

imageKJmashup:
    Hmm. Skeptical KJ will have to try it again, ignoring the fact that "The Planet of the Ood" sounds like... I don't know.

I was also skeptical when at the start of the 9th Doctor. But it really does get better. DH still calls it my silly show. Sucks he can't be as hip as me. Do kids still say hip? 

• Options
    imageriteaidshoes:

imageKJmashup:

I was also skeptical when at the start of the 9th Doctor. But it really does get better. DH still calls it my silly show. Sucks he can't be as hip as me. Do kids still say hip? 

He's an L7, man. 

• Options
    imageriteaidshoes:

imageKJmashup:

DH does the same thing.  He says DW is "cheesy and dumb".

Then he starts watching Star Trek: the Animated series.

Yeah

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    imageKJmashup:
    imageriteaidshoes:

imageKJmashup:

He's an L7, man. 

He also thinks The Sandlot is a silly movie. Just to give you some context. Paint a picture. Show you how utterly wrong he is. 

• Options
    imageriteaidshoes:
    imageKJmashup:
    imageriteaidshoes:

imageKJmashup:

He's an L7, man. 

He also thinks The Sandlot is a silly movie. Just to give you some context. Paint a picture. Show you how utterly wrong he is. 

I can't even comprehend this. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    imageCinemaGoddess:
    imageriteaidshoes:
    imageKJmashup:
    imageriteaidshoes:

imageKJmashup:

He's an L7, man. 

I can't even comprehend this. 

One day I will strap him to a chair like Carl from Lost and force him to watch all the great movies of the 90s. Like Mrs. Doubtfire. Back to the Future trilogy. Beethoven. 3 Ninjas. Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. Adventures in Babysitting. 3 Men and a Baby. 

The list goes on. 

• Options

I watched seasons 1-4 and I plan on watching the rest, but I was starting to have freaky dreams, so I had to take a step back.

• Options

Sex dreams about DT are not "freaky".   Unless you want them to be. 

::nods wisely::

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    imageCinemaGoddess:
    imageriteaidshoes:

imageKJmashup:

Yeah

DH makes fun of me too.

The first few episodes do it no justice. Give it another chance!! : ) 

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageCinemaGoddess:
    imageriteaidshoes:

imageKJmashup:

Yeah

DH makes fun of me too.

The first few episodes do it no justice. Give it another chance!! : ) 

image Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"