Baby Showers

Had to share!!

So I'm smacking my head on my desk this morning after checking my FB.

There's this girl I went to high school with (who I'm not ACTUALLY friends with, but you know FB), who is also PG. Now, she is getting ready to pop, like, any day now. We already know she's "preggo", and we already know it's a GIRL, AND (the kicker) we already know she has a 3 year old boy.

So someone,PLEASE, tell me why she is posting this status: "Who wants to help me plan a shower for me and Ary.lyn.n?"

SHUT. UP.

So being the reasonable human being I am no days (hormones and all), I politely commented she was being a tacky whore and deleted that nonsense right out of my life.  - Hope you all enjoy this hair pulling story as much as I did this morning! :D

Re: Had to share!!

• I want to know how you politely got your message across and how she responded. That always seems like a touchy subject and I can never find a nice way to tell a friend they're being incredibly tacky.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I hate it when pregnant women blame their "hormones." I hate it even more when they use them as an excuse to do something biitchy. You are still a grown woman and could have just defriended her, you didn't have to make some stupid high school worthy comment first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree that the facebook post was totally tacky but I also think it's  just as tacky and rude to call someone a tacky whore on facebook for everyone to see. Sorry OP but you are the rude/tacky one here.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LOL @ "politely commented she was being a tacky wh0re"

OP, I feel you-- I really do.  I would have probably thought something along similar lines in my head.

IMO though, the worst breech of etiquette is pointing out someone else's.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• OH WOW! I did NOT, and would NEVER actually call her a "tacky whore" right on her FB. I'm not asking for that kind of drama, and hate, especially since we're not close. Sorry, that was a little smart mouthing on my part.

And sorry, you don't like the "blame game", guess I'll just come out and say it, I can be a horrible, rude, B*tch sometimes - and I'm ok with that. It's who I am and I DO possess the tack to know when and where is appropriate to use it.

Didn't mean to offend anyone! Was just trying to share a funny story. 

• imageJordynLeighx3:
    I want to know how you politely got your message across and how she responded. That always seems like a touchy subject and I can never find a nice way to tell a friend they're being incredibly tacky.

To answer your question, I commented:

"Hey, {insert name}, are you really throwing your own shower? Because, if so, I just thought you should know that most people only get one, and they def don't host a gift giving event for themselves! But have fun!" - I'm not sure how or if she responded as I didn't check back.

Your situation sounds a little different, mainly because, as I said, we're not actually good friends. 

• imageELauren88:

OH WOW! I did NOT, and would NEVER actually call her a "tacky whore" right on her FB. I'm not asking for that kind of drama, and hate, especially since we're not close. Sorry, that was a little smart mouthing on my part.

And sorry, you don't like the "blame game", guess I'll just come out and say it, I can be a horrible, rude, B*tch sometimes - and I'm ok with that. It's who I am and I DO possess the tack to know when and where is appropriate to use it.

I am not offended.

So wait-- you did post the "Tacky W" comment or you did not?

Also, and I never do this, but the word is tact.  Not tack.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• imageELauren88:

OH WOW! I did NOT, and would NEVER actually call her a "tacky whore" right on her FB. I'm not asking for that kind of drama, and hate, especially since we're not close. Sorry, that was a little smart mouthing on my part.

You said "I politely called her a tacky wh0re." How are we supposed to get that you actually didn't call her that from your OP? I don't know what you mean by the blame game and I'm not offended I just think you seem pretty rude.

• imageELauren88:

imageJordynLeighx3:
    I want to know how you politely got your message across and how she responded. That always seems like a touchy subject and I can never find a nice way to tell a friend they're being incredibly tacky.

"Hey, {insert name}, are you really throwing your own shower? Because, if so, I just thought you should know that most people only get one, and they def don't host a gift giving event for themselves! But have fun!" - I'm not sure how or if she responded as I didn't check back.

Your situation sounds a little different, mainly because, as I said, we're not actually good friends. 

Writing that on her wall for all to see proves you are lacking in TACT.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imageELauren88:

imageJordynLeighx3:

That's not tactful, it's tacky.

I am sure plenty of people thought the same thing but had the sense not to comment. If this was someone you were close with why not send a private message instead of trying to humiliate her publicly? If you aren't close to her why bother commenting? Being pregnant doesn't excuse being rude.

• imageEstwd2:

Ladies, I'm pretty sure the phrasing "politely commented" in her OP was meant to be sarcastic. She doesn't actually think she was being polite. She acknowledges it was biitchy.

OP, I'm so torn. The nice part of me is with the others. I can't believe you called someone out on FB like a high schooler. Yikes! The other part of me is cheering like a tween at a Bieber concert. Don't we all wish we could just say what we're all thinking anyway when someone posts something as ridiculous as that? Fluck yeah!

Oh come on-- you don't actually think it's polite or even normal to ACTUALLY call someone out.  I mean, we have all thought things like this from time to time but we don't act on them.

I am a newer poster here but I have lurked quite a bit and you have always struck me as a smart and funny lady, so I am surprised you are backing the OP at all.

Anyway, I still think you are smart and funny.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Meh. To each their own. :)

• I wouldn't have called her out on facebook, but I the same time I'm mad you defriended her.  I'd love to see screenshots of what was said about your comment.

But I'm addicted to other people's drama like that (one of the reasons I LOVE this board).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • What on God's green earth is she naming that poor child? 
  • imageLatteLady5:
    imageELauren88:

imageJordynLeighx3:

I am sure plenty of people thought the same thing but had the sense not to comment. If this was someone you were close with why not send a private message instead of trying to humiliate her publicly? If you aren't close to her why bother commenting? Being pregnant doesn't excuse being rude.

This. If you are going to say anything at all, a private message would have been more appropriate than calling her out for all to see.  

• imageEstwd2:

I said part of me is cheering her because I would be thinking the same things myself. I never said I would act on those thoughts. I can't help but laugh. We wish we could say these things. Etiquette rules that we don't. But that doesn't mean I'm not thinking them.

Thinking it is totally okay but posting it actually takes it to a whole different level. I also think saying stuff like that goes beyond breaking etiquette rules, it's just gross.

• imageLatteLady5:
    imageELauren88:

imageJordynLeighx3:

Oh...I'm sure plenty of people did think the same thing and instead of showing her the blunder she was making they ignored her and/or talked about her to other people who DO know her - behind her back.  At least the OP let her know up front.  BTW...she said a couple of times that she was not CLOSE friends with the person.  She knew her in high school.  I've had a couple of those on my facebook as well. and although I never called them out on something I've certainly deleted them.  OP...I don't have a problem with you calling her out (pregnancy hormones or not).  Heck...people do it on here all the time for all to see so what is the difference.  It's not like you really KNOW her or are FRIENDS with her or CLOSE to her.  I am not really "friends" with 1/2 the people on my facebook but I keep them there because I see things from others that I DO know.

• imagePunkyBooster:
    What on God's green earth is she naming that poor child?nbsp;

I was thinking the same thing lol
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image image image image
  • I have no problem with being a *** to people when they deserve it. But I believe in doing it in person in private (no evidence) I do think that now she is going to get sympathy from her other FB "friends" which will only feed her further. 
  • imagerhubarb123:
    imageLatteLady5:
    imageELauren88:

imageJordynLeighx3:

Oh...I'm sure plenty of people did think the same thing and instead of showing her the blunder she was making they ignored her and/or talked about her to other people who DO know her - behind her back.  At least the OP let her know up front.  BTW...she said a couple of times that she was not CLOSE friends with the person.  She knew her in high school.  I've had a couple of those on my facebook as well. and although I never called them out on something I've certainly deleted them.  OP...I don't have a problem with you calling her out (pregnancy hormones or not).  Heck...people do it on here all the time for all to see so what is the difference.  It's not like you really KNOW her or are FRIENDS with her or CLOSE to her.  I am not really "friends" with 1/2 the people on my facebook but I keep them there because I see things from others that I DO know.

She was close enough to be fb friends. It's not like TB and it's not like her friend was asking if it was tacky, like many posters on here do. TB is anonymous and it's a totally different situation. You wouldn't call someone out IRL because you know that and OP was patting herself on the back for doing it. If the OP was really concerned with making sure her friend knew proper etiquette she should have messaged her privately. If she was close enough to her to call her out on fb she's close enough to send a private message. Calling someone out publicly is totally uncalled for, tacky and gross. It's the worst kind of bad etiquette. Yuck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"