June 2011 Moms

Timing of flight

Hi ladies!  I'm coming out of lurking for this one : )  I was thinking about taking DD on a flight to Florida from NJ over my February break.  The only flights that are still cheap leave at 6:30 am! Thoughts?  Do you think DD will be a mess bc I've woken her up so early or do you think she might actually sleep on the plane bc she is so tired.  Bad idea or good??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Timing of flight

• I will let you know. We are leaving for Aruba on a 630am flight next weekend. We will have to leave our house about 315a. I'm hoping she will be tired and sleep the two 3 hour flights to get there but she may be a mess instead.
  • DD has always gone back to sleep on the plane when we've has flights like that. She's been a bit fussy when we've first gotten on but takeoff seems to calm her and make her tired.
  • Loading the player...
  • Here's my experience, FWIW:

DH took DD across the country to visit family a few months ago. They had a really early morning flight. DD didn't sleep at all the first flight (like a 5 or 6 hour flight). Then the second leg was really quick (like an hour) and she fell asleep the last 15 minutes. Apparently she was way too interested in what was going on. She wanted to talk to everyone and play with DH's iPhone. Happy baby but didn't sleep.

We are traveling with her in about a month so I am anxious to see how she does this time around. 

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• We flew to FL from Philly in November and our flight left at 7:30a. We woke DD up at 3:45a and she didn't fall back asleep until 20 minutes before we landed in Florida. Go figure!

I think she was too excited, looking all around.

The flight wasn't terrible, but we flew with her as a lap baby (to save is $400) and I think it would have gone 1,000 x's better if I got her a seat with her car seat.

When we go to Jamaica in 10 months she'll be too old to be a lap child, so we'll see how that goes.

• Thanks ladies.  I booked the flight and bought her a seat.  I will just keep my fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"