Military Families
Options

official paternity leave info

where can I find the official manual that has the info about paternity leave? my husband's first class is telling him that it is chargeable leave, and he wants to be able to say where they can find the information to the contrary.

ETA: update: oh he's navy, and he talked to his chief, the first class was mis-informed, and it's all being taken care of, although they are letting him take it consecutively with regular leave, at least that's what his chief has said, since they are doing work ups on the ship that he's not really needed for during the week I'm due, his chief plans to route a regular leave chit for the two weeks surrounding my due date, then whenever baby is born DH will call his chief and whatever leave is left on the two weeks will be terminated and he'll go on paternity leave. I know that baby will be born by the end of that because my doctor wont let me go past 41 weeks, so... it seems to be working out. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: official paternity leave info

• Options
    A Google search gave me the following link: https://www.public.navy.mil/BUPERSNPC/SUPPORT/TFLW/Pages/PaternityLeave.aspx.

It is nonchargeable leave. At least for Army, my understanding is that the leave is at the discretion of the Command.
  • Options

imageFutureMrsTowns:
    where can I find the official manual that has the info about paternity leave? my husband's first class is telling him that it is chargeable leave, and he wants to be able to say where they can find the information to the contrary.

It is at the command's discretion. If they decide it is chargeable, then it is chargeable.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    image*HiS ChAmAoLe GiRL*:

imageFutureMrsTowns:

It is at the command's discretion. If they decide it is chargeable, then it is chargeable.

This. He can be granted up to 10 days uncharged IF and only IF his command says so. Paternity leave is not a guarantee.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options

Which service is he in? There's different manuals for each.

• Options
    imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    image*HiS ChAmAoLe GiRL*:

imageFutureMrsTowns:

This. He can be granted up to 10 days uncharged IF and only IF his command says so. Paternity leave is not a guarantee.

I 3rd this.

• Options

Edit: put this in update

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"