Connecticut Babies
Options

Trying again...what do you pay babysitters?

I didn't have any replies to my original post, maybe because it was specific to New Haven County.  Here's my question to any mom in CT...

We will have 2U2 very soon.  Right now we pay $12/hour to a Yale grad student when we occasionally need a sitter.

What do you pay for one infant/toddler?  What would you expect to pay for 2U2?

Thanks!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers

Re: Trying again...what do you pay babysitters?

• Options
    Wish I could help but we always use family as babysitter!!
  • Options
    When I used to babysit (only stopped a few years ago) I charged between $10 and 15 an hour. It depended on the level of care a family needed from me and how many kids. If I am just putting your kid in pjs then bed, I wouldn't charge as much as if I spent the afternoon with 2 kids and was playing/feeding/etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    12 seems reasonable and is about what I pay 20 ish minutes outside of New Haven.  It also depends on time of day/responsibility.  If the kid(s) are only awake for an hour and then asleep the rest of the time it is closer to 10/hr but if they are awake the whole time or most, it is absolutely $12
  • Options
    12 / hour is REALLY reasonable. I used to babysit before I had my daughter and I would get about 20 / hour. Other babysitters charge much more around here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Clearly it's regional dependant. We've only ever used family at this point but a few high school kids in the neighborhood do babysit and no one is over $10 here in Enfield. For $20 an hour I better be getting a professional nanny - I don't even make that in a office job and my husband makes just over that as a Firefighter.
  • Options

imagesassyfirechick:
    For $20 an hour I better be getting a professional nanny - I don't even make that in a office job and my husband makes just over that as a Firefighter.

This is kind of what I was thinking!  $10/hr is more what I pay in central CT.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"