June 2011 Moms
Options

3 days of vomiting

My little guy has been throwing up all day today and Monday. He seemed better yesterday, and then bad again today. His pedi didn't have anything open today so I took him to the immediate care center and got no answers. We've tried water, juice, toast, plain bagels, saltines and nothing seems to help or stay down. Do you have any advice? Tips? Suggestions? FWIW, I'm planning to go to his pedi tomorrow and if he's still vomiting, the ER. Poor guy is miserable and this mommy is losing her cool.

Re: 3 days of vomiting

• Options
    Poor guy. Make sure he is taking enough fluids and having enough wet diapers. If not, bring him to the ED. My little guy needed zofran prescription antinausea med when he was puking a lot from some daycare bug. It really helped. pedilyte is good and even popsicles and watermelon. Any other symptoms? fever, diarrhea, constipation? I hope he feels better soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ugh I'm sorry to hear that. The stomach bug is rampant around here, too, and 3 or 4 days of vomiting is the norm. If he has the bug everyone here has, his throwing up will stop soon and he'll be his normal self in no time. Poor baby and poor mommy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Although he wasn't vomiting today, we took him to the ER and they said it was probably a virus thing. They were kind of stumped since he had no other symptoms. He was a little dehydrated, so they gave him the zofran pill and then some fluid and a Popsicle he kept it all down. He napped for a little while when we got home woke up almost 100 himself. Here's hoping he's on the mends. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Poor little guy :(  Hope he feels better soon.  My pedi likes us to use Pedialyte when DS has been vomiting.  If C won't drink the pedialyte, then he suggests Gatorade (or a mixture of the 2).  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"